𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐭𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞...

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 — 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚍𝚝𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎

☽▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 — 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚍𝚝𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨,
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭...

— ᴺᵉˡˢᵒⁿ ᴹᵃⁿᵈᵉˡᵃ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AS IF THE EARLIER BRIEFING HADN'T SHAKEN THEM TO THE CORE, the unveiling of the mission's intricate details threatened to rip away every shred of composure in the room. A palpable wave of dread swept through the air, suffocating any semblance of optimism as the weight of their impending task bore down upon them like a crushing force. With furrowed brows and clenched jaws, each soldier braced themselves for the daunting trial ahead, their resolve tested to its very limits by the sheer magnitude of what lay in store.

"Note both naval and ground-based flak positions along the Frisian Islands, from Norderney to Langeoog. Over the mainland, you can expect concentrated flak from Wilhelmshaven all the way down to Bremen." Informed the IO. "Identified batteries consist of 88 and 105 millimeter guns guided by Würzburg radar, so they will be tracking you. Navigators, Bombardiers, once we've wrapped up here, be sure to report to HQ for a specialized briefing." He instructed, as the girl began writing it all down roughly, followed by a few others. 

"Now, your IP is on the northwest side of Bremen, here." Bowman revealed, pointing at a spot on the map. "Target map, please." The Major requested. "From that initial point, it's a straight nine-mile run to the target. These are the pens on the east side of the river; now this central pen here will be your mean point of impact, and your heading on to the run-up will be 218 degrees true." The raven explained. "Immediately after the turn, follow the river." He finished. "Any questions?" Asked the man. No one raised their hands. "Excellent, now moving on to the weather report... Captain Becker, if you will."

***

Walking over to the dressing room after the entire meeting, y/n went in search of her jacket, a garment that always seemed to be two sizes too big and a constant hassle to put on. Despite its cumbersome nature, it held a sense of familiarity and comfort, after all those missions she had completed wearing it. The coat, to her, was like an old friend she couldn't bear to part with. As she rummaged through the pile of clothing, her fingers finally found the familiar leather, and with a resigned sigh, she began the familiar struggle of wriggling her way into it. "C'mon Curt, what's your quote for the day?" Asked Dickie, helping his friend into the coat.