𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧...

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇 — 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

☽▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇 — 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵
𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳
𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵
𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳...

— ˢᵗᵉᵛᵉ ᴹᵃʳᵃᵇᵒˡⁱ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT WAS 3 IN THE MORNING ON JUNE 25TH, 1943, WHEN THE BLOODY HUNDREDTH HAD BEEN ASSIGNED THEIR FIRST OFFICIAL MISSION... With thousands of hours of flight training back in the States, they had to believe that they were prepared; but deep down, they all knew that they were not. Physically, they were unmatched, the pinnacle of prowess. Yet mentally, they stood on the precipice, unshielded from the icy grasp of mortality's embrace. No amount of words or fanciful daydreams could steel them for the impending onslaught awaiting above. After all, there's no substitute for the lessons taught by experience.

"Sir... Sir, you're flying today." Whispered a guard, sent to wake the senior officers up. "Major Cleven, sir." He shook the blonde awake. Without another word, the man rose from his bed, quickly tidying up before heading to the restrooms to freshen up. He took not more than 10 minutes to get ready, before marching to the Infirmary to check up on his fellow commander. To his surprise, y/n was nowhere to be seen. 'Guess she must be flying today; she is, after all, a very formidable leader.'  He frowned, acknowledging that he couldn't perpetually shield her, for she possessed the strength to safeguard herself.  Their purpose, after all, was to defend the nation; not each other... 

However, contrary to his assumption, the girl found herself in the commanding officer's office, engaged in a fervent debate about their upcoming mission. "I wouldn't have assumed I'd need to explain to you the gravity of your responsibilities." Sighed the Colonel. "You are aware that this isn't just about how well your crews make their beds, right?" He scoffed, trying to justify his reasons behind the unforeseen reduction in her position. "I am, sir — which is why I prioritize their flying and security more than their folding and sobriety." She reinstated boldly, making no attempt to conceal her profound disappointment.