𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧...

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽 — 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚞𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗...

☽▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽 — 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚞𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸
𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨,
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘺
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯...

— ᴷᵃʰˡⁱˡ ᴳⁱᵇʳᵃⁿ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AN ETERNITY SEEMED TO PASS SINCE VEAL PULLED AWAY FROM THE MISSION, each ticking second a weighty reminder of his solitude amidst the vast expanse of the sky. As he recounted the grievous tale of his ill-fated journey to the attentive engineers feverishly laboring to resurrect his battered fort, his senses sharpened to the haunting symphony of their wrenches and drills. But amidst the racket, a familiar sound pierced the air — the thunderous roar of a B-17; a beacon of hope cut through the suffocating veil of despair, igniting a spark of bravery in the brunette's weary heart.

"You were saying, Major?" Wink's sharp voice sliced through the air like a whip, jolting the man back to the present moment, shattering the fragile cocoon of his thoughts. "Oh, yes... No power, and then she just gives up on us completely." Veal resumed, narrating the entire incident. "I'd be lying if I didn't admit how surprised I am you even made it back in one piece." Muttered Lemmons, causing the Major to shoot a puzzled glance towards the blonde. "The carburetor mixture link caused a spark plug to load up and foul." He explained. "It should just take a few hours to fix, but if you would've stalled for even a minute longer... Well, let's just say it wouldn't be the plane that'd need intense fixing." Wink chimed in.

"Y/n told me to go back- Major l/n." Veal murmured, his gaze fixed on the unforgiving earth below, a profound sense of gratitude welling up within him like a tide against the shore, silently acknowledging the girl for her heroic act that had saved not just his own life but those of his companions as well. "Welp, wouldn't be the first time she'd be saving someone's ass." Chuckled Wink, his fondness for the young woman evident in his tone. "Sometimes I wonder what would happen when it's her turn to be rescued." Lemmons sighed, a weight of concern settling in his voice as he reflected on the risks she often took, even when it came to her own well-being.