𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑  ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 — 𝙰 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕-𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 & 𝙰 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕-𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

☽▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑  ▎»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 — 𝙰 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕-𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 & 𝙰 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕-𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘥
𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘺,
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯
𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵...

— ᴸᵃʷʳᵉⁿᶜᵉ ᴳᵒˡᵈˢᵗᵒⁿᵉ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ATTEMPTING TO REGAIN HIS COMPOSURE, THE RAVEN SPUTTERED AS HIS SCALDING COFFEE SPILLED FORTH. Inebriated and shattered, he struggled to conceal his inner turmoil, endeavoring to present himself as something more than the fool he felt, hoping to leave a favorable impression on the new Commanding Officer. "You hungover, Major?" Questioned the brunette, reclining by the window, indulging in the refreshing morning air before addressing matters at hand. "No, sir." Replied Bucky. "That won't come for another couple of hours." He asserted confidently. "You're still drunk-" Scoffed the Colonel, amused by his audacity.

"Coffee sharpened me, sir." Bucky deadpanned, taking another sip, which once again, he spat right out due to it's intense heat. "Clearly." Said the man to himself, before clearing his throat and getting down to business. "Colonel Huglin didn't think much of your skills as an Air Executive." The brunette mused. "Well, I didn't think too much of his--" Retorted the raven, only to have his sentence finished by the new CO, who had already anticipated his reply. "Too much of his flying?" Egan let out a sigh, unsure of what to expect, until a lighter placed on an official document signed by the colonel caught his eye. 

Noticing his gaze, Harding reached for his lighter, flicking it open to ignite a cigar. "Well, I ain't Colonel Huglin." He shrugged, hinting something only the two men knew. "No, you're not..."

***

Barging into the cafeteria with unwavering determination, Bucky found himself half an hour earlier than the rest of the soldiers. He wasn't surprised to see his best friend already halfway through his breakfast, deeply engrossed in a discussion about strategies and the progress of other crewmen with Jack, the commanding officer of the 418th squadron, or rather, the ex-CO. The atmosphere crackled with intensity as they delved into their conversation, focused on their mission ahead. "Can I get some coffee?" He requested the waiter, marching to the table to join the two Majors. "Boys." He acknowledged, taking a seat. "Bucky."