𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠...

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 — 𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙵𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘶𝘱

𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺
𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘶𝘱... 

— ᴹᵃʳʸ ᴴᵒˡˡᵒʷᵃʸ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"WHO ART IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BY THY NAME, THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM AND THE POWER, AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL... OUR FATHER, WHO ART IN HEA-" The ginger's fervent prayer was abruptly cut short by a savage blow to his face, silencing his pleas with a splatter of blood and teeth. Despite the raven's desperate attempts to stifle him, the man's voice had persisted, his words mingling with the metallic tang of blood in the air. Each syllable was a defiance against the looming darkness, a final act of defiance against the brutality closing in around them. And as consciousness slipped away, his prayer echoed faintly, a haunting refrain amidst the chaos and carnage.

Concealed amidst the lifeless bodies of fallen soldiers, Bucky stifled his breath as the carriage jolted to a halt. Time blurred in the darkness; he couldn't discern how long he'd been trapped in this grim refuge. The girl's enigmatic parting words echoed in his mind, a whispered command shrouded in mystery. "Stay hidden..." She had murmured a solemn promise. "No matter what happens, don't run. Trust me, I'll locate you." With each passing moment, uncertainty coiled tighter around his heart. The weight of her pledge hung heavy in the frigid air, a beacon of hope amidst the encroaching shadows. And as the world outside teetered on the edge of oblivion, he clung to her vow like a lifeline, wishing for salvation in the depths of despair.

Upon closer inspection of the corpses, the Germans abandoned the idea of using the carriage to get to a decent cemetery, opting instead to carry their shovels to a corner where they would buried their deceased adversaries. Understanding the urgency of his situation, Bucky realized he couldn't rely on y/n's volatile covenant any longer. With time running out and no guarantee of her arrival, he seized the fleeting moment before him and made his move, knowing this was his only chance for survival. Summoning the last reserves of strength within his battered frame, Bucky threw himself off the cart, landing heavily on the unyielding ground.

Despite the pain coursing through him, he rose to his feet, determination burning bright in his icy blue eyes. y/n, who had been following them all along figured that this would be the perfect opportunity to take down the Krauts, now that they were deep enough for no one to hear their cries of held, and break his friend out. However, before she could enact her plan, she witnessed the man's decisive action. Darting away in a direction that lead directly to the next town, which was even more ruthless than Rüsselsheim. Aware that calling out would attract unwanted attention, y/n knew she had to intercept him before it was too late.

With silent determination, she swiftly closed the distance between them, her steps purposeful as she closed in on her fleeing friend. Regardless of her fitness, y/n's energy reserves were depleted after more than 24 hours without food or drink. Each step felt like a heavy burden, her breathing labored as she pushed herself to catch up to the raven. Straining to make her voice heard, y/n groaned, asking Bucky to wait as she drew nearer. However, her weakened state reduced her voice to barely a whisper, rendering her unrecognizable to the man. Fearing the presence of an unknown pursuer, he quickened his pace, adamant to outdistance any potential threat.

Summoning the last of her strength, y/n closed the distance between them and unleashed a frustrated cry, her shout piercing the air as she finally caught up to her friend. "Egan, you little bitch- I asked you to STOP!" And in a bold move, she abandoned stealth and lunged at him, tackling him to the ground in a cynical bid to cease his flight. "FUCK-" Echoed their curses as they tumbled over the edge of a steep incline, their bodies careening downwards until they collided with a sturdy tree, their momentum abruptly stopped. The impact ceded them unconscious, bodies sprawled amidst the tangled underbrush, nursing possibly broken ribs along with their bruised pride. 

***

As hours slipped by, the two figures remained motionless, nestled together on the unforgiving ground, their limbs entwined in a semblance of a wholesome cuddle that belied the perilous reality surrounding them. Irrespective of the chill of the enemy's soil seeping into their bones, they clung to each other in a desperate embrace, their silent solidarity a beacon of defiance. They had both awoken, but couldn't get themselves to move. Their bodies weakened by hunger and exhaustion, the duo lay still, their reserves depleted, unaware that their moment of respite could be their last. 

In a cruel twist of fate, their laxity had drawn unwanted attention, and within moments, two armed officers loomed over them, their guns trained unwaveringly at their heads. "Get up." One of the officer barked in a heavy accent, jolting the man conscious with a rough kick "Schnappt euch das mädchen, und los geht's!" (Grab the girl and let's go!) The same man instructed his companion. Feeling a sturdy pair of arms around her waist, the girl was lifted off the ground as though she weighed absolutely nothing at all. Usually she liked the feeling, but this time... this time she knew that she was defeated. 

With a feeble groan of protest, she struggled to resist, but her strength failed her, and before she knew it, the two of them were roughly shoved into a waiting car, the destination unknown, shrouded in anxiety. "This is all your fault." y/n whisper-yelled at the raven, her voice trembling with exhaustion and frustration. Bucky, bloodied and weary, nestled his head on her shoulder in silent acknowledgment as she gazed out the window, struggling to keep her heavy eyelids from closing. "Thank you for never... giving up on me, Duck." He rasped, each word a struggle against his weary lungs. "You know I'll always be there for you." She sighed, running her fingers through his hair comfortingly. 

"For Buck." He murmured, his voice a faint echo in the shadowed car, a testament to their unbreakable bond as he slipped into slumber, cradled by her steadfast presence. "For Buck..."

(1.1k words)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬