Chapter 44

DEMIS POV:
"Earth to Demi,What do you want to wear tomorrow in Miami?" Holy waved her hand across my face, getting me out of my daze.
"Uhh I dont know, what do we have?" I say still half in a daze.
Holy laughs,"Long day?"
"Yea, but it feels awesome to be back, I missed all of this, traveling, singing new music, seeing my fans." I smile.
"You should sleep, we should be in Miami in 3 hours, ill wake you when the plane lands." Holly says as she walks over to her seat on the private Jet Phil had gotten me for this mini summer kick off *tour*.
Today was a long day, all I could think about was Wilmer,The baby and (y/n). It felt like I was drowning in my head.
This was all so Confusing.

Y/N POV:
"Babe have you seen my dark red lipstick?" Vannesa yells from the living room.
"Isn't it on top of the dresser?" I yell back.
"No its not, checked there already." She yells back.
I stay silent and don't bother to respond. I was tired and swamped with work in preparation for productions to begin in fall and was a still confused and just a little hurt that Demi started to act weird.
Vanessa walks out of the room.
"Ready to go?" She asks.
"Oh yeah. All set." I get up slowly. I really didn't want to go out with Vanessa's mom and sister for their final night in LA.

We get to the restaurant and are greeted by Vanessa's sister,brother and mom. They all were super nice and according to Vanessa they all really liked me..which was odd because every now and then I'd catch her sister giving me a death stare. We had decided to come to the only Puerto Rican restaurant in LA so *according to Vanessa* "I could try real Puerto Rican food and prepare for our vacation there when we ever we go."
We are seated and the waiter asks if we want anything to do, surprisingly everyone orders a beer, but as the waiter approached me I ask for a water.
"Come on (y/n) have a beer, it's our last day in LA!" Vanessa's sister laughs.  I see Vanessa give her sister a look and I laugh to myself.
"No thanks, I don't drink." I half awkwardly smile.
"At all?" She asks a bit shocked.
"Nope I'm sober." I say hesitantly.
"Oh..okay." she looks away quickly.
"So....Are you guys ready to go back home?" I asks trying to change the subject.
"YES but I'm going to miss my baby." Vanessa's mom responds.
"Don't worry I'll take good care of her." We both laugh...my phone buzzes in my pocket.I ignore it.
"But you're about to start working all the time? Or that's what Vanessa tells me." Vanessa's mom asks.
"Did she say that?" I look over at Vanessa and smile. "We will both be super busy this summer and fall, but I promise I'll.." I feel my phone vibrating again. "Excuse me" I say as I pull out my phone to see who it is. It was Liam. "I'll be right back." I excuse myself.
I walk outside and call Liam back.
*hello?*
*(y/n)..you need to come quick* Liam was crying I could barely understand the.
*wait Liam what?*
*Dad he's in the hospital he had a heart attack* Liam is sobbing on the other line.
I stand there in shock numb...suddenly everything around me because still and silent..I can feel tears forming in my eyes and falling on to my cheek. 
*I'll be right there. What hospital?*
Liam gives me the details and I try to remember them.

I feel my whole body shaking and the tears won't stop. I walk into the restaurant numb and shaking.
"Vanessa I..I gotta go." I tell her as I walk to the table and grab my sweater and purse. Her family looks at me in shock when they see me shaking and sobbing.
"Wait what happend? Is everything going? Babe what's going on?" Vanessa asks getting up to comfort me.
"I have to go." You start to walk a.
"Babe you can't go like this your shaking, what's the matter." She walks you outside.
"My...dad..." I struggle to say in between sobs. "I have to go." I leave Vanessa and walk to my car.

I call Liam as soon as I get into the hospital I had controlled my crying and managed to make my way to the hospital . I finally reach him in the Intensive care unit waiting room. As soon as I see him I can't control myself, I can see that he's been crying, his eyes are puffy and red and his face is pale...I run up to him and he hugs me crying.
"He's dying (y/n)" he sobs
I feel my body tense and the tears poor down my face.
"He's dying (y/n)..our dad's dying" Liam whispers sobbing.

I see my mom, she is crying and walks over to Liam and I.
"Hey honey" she hugs me tight.
All this feels like a dream..it can't be real....this can't be happening.
"Where us everyone else?" I ask reffering my my sisters.
"They are vacation but should be here tomorrow morning."
"What happend?" I ask
"His heart it's weak.." she says and is interrupted by a doctor giving my mom and update.
"Things aren't looking to we'll at the moment. His heart is very fragile and slowly giving up and his heart is too fragile for the surgery he needs.im sorry...im so sorry...if you'd like to see him now you may. "He leads us to his room. My mom begins crying and Liam escorts her out. Leaving my dying dad and I together. I sit down next to him..at this point my body is numb and my eyes are so red and puffy they no longer cry..I sit there..thinking about how the last time I saw him was when I was with Demi..and he didn't even say a word to me because of who I chose to love.
I close my eyes for a couple minutes wishing all of this was a dream.
"(Y/n).." I hear a faint voice.
I wake up..it was my dad..
"Hey." I try and hold back tears.
"I don't have much time." He struggles to breathe.
"Shh dad dont." I say
" I'm sorry for everything..I love you." I feel tears in my eyes as he says the words I've longed to hear for years.
"I love you no matter what, if you love Demi so be it..she's a good one
.don't let her go..she really loves you..don't cry my little princess" He smiles. I feel tears running down my face...
My mom and Liam walk in..
My mom walks over to my dad.
"Oh honey" she cries a little but stops as my dad wipes a tear off her face.
I excuse myself and walk of the room to the hallway where the nurses station is hectic and busy.
I sit on the floor and breath trying to process what had just happend.. the tears keep streaming down my face and I close my eyes...he can't leave...not now..I hadn't talked to him in years..he was my best friend growing up...I was his little girl..his princess.

DEMIS POV:
The tour was finally over and I was both physically and mentally exhausted. I was happy to be home but I was on the way to my first doctors appointment with Wilmer.
It was so weird thinking about having someone inside of me..a little me..and wilmer.. we arrive and get taken in fairly quickly. Wilmer is really excited...more than I am.. I was excited I just felt weird I never imagined I would be here with him.
"So Ms.Lovato you are 11 weeks pregnant!" She smiles and hands over the ultrasound.
I smile and examine the picture. It was so tiny.. and looked like a little alien bean.
"Look baby" I show wilmer.
We set up the next appointment and head over to tell our family.