Chapter Sixty Eight

Kefira was sitting on her bed the same evening that the incident took place in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. She was playing with one of the curls of her hair when she felt eyes on her. She glanced up to see Hermione  looking at her.

"Uh..hello?" she said to Hermione.

"Sorry, I know it's rude to stare." she said. 'I just wanted to ask if you were okay."

"Oh yeah, I'm fine."

Hermione nodded and then it fell quiet for a moment.

"I didn't think you were afraid of anything." Hermione admitted to her.

"Well, everyone's afraid of something." Kefira said. "I guess it just depends on how that person handles the fear, right?"

"Right." Hermione said. "Well, I...I still think you're quite brave."

"Thank you. Oh and thank you for helping out Neville in potions." Kefira smiled at her. "I don't know why Professor Snape hates Neville so much...or hates people so much, but I am thankful that you helped Neville and Trevor out."

"It was no problem." Hermione said with a small smile of her own.

"It makes up for the fact that you cursed him first year." Kefira said before heading towards the door to go downstairs. "I was still planning on getting you back for that."

Hermione's eyes widened as the girl left.

Kefira headed down the stairs to see if the boys or Faye were in the Common Room. Instead she saw none of them, but she did see Ginny.

"Hello Ginny."

Ginny glanced over, quite surprised to see that Kefira was greeting her of all people.

"Hi Kefira."

"What are you up to?"

"Finishing up potions homework, unfortunately. What about you?"

"I can't sit still for too long without getting crazy." Kefira told her. "So I'm just walking around."

Ginny smiled. "Walking around sounds fun."

"Want to go on a bit of an adventure?" Kefira asked.

Ginny looked down to her homework and then back up at her. 

"Let's do it."

"Yay!" Kefira clapped her hands together. "Come on."

The two girls approached the portrait and walked out only to receive a questioning looking from the Fat Lady.

"Hey Elizabeth." Kefira waved at the woman.

"Where are you going?" Elizabeth asked. 

"Somewhere only we know." Kefira winked at her.

Elizabeth sighed. "I suppose when you get detention I'll be expecting you two to get back rather late."

'Weren't you planning on going to bed rather late anyways?" Kefira asked her in return. "Violet is coming to visit you, is she not?"

Elizabeth eyed her with a smirk. "Try not to get into too much trouble?"

"Me? When have you know me to get into trouble?"

"Since I met you." Elizabeth chortled.

As Kefira and Ginny roamed the halls, while avoiding any faculty, they shared in some conversation.

"I'm surprised you'd want to hang out with me after...well..last year." Ginny whispered to her as they hid from Filch.