Chapter One Hundred Thirty Six

As Neville had directed her to look up, Kefira's eyes focused in on incoming flying carriage that was being pulled by what appeared to be flying horses. All throughout Care for Magical Creatures, they hadn't come across the creature just yet, but she was willing to say right away that they were magnificent to witness in person. The horses were extremely large in comparison to any horse that Kefira had ever seen, if she were making a comparison, she would have said they were the size of elephants. All of them a bright palomino color as they descended to land on the ground. 

With Neville still holding her hand, Kefira gave his a squeeze out of pure excitement that caused Neville to let out a small whimper that she didn't hear over the gasps of other students. The carriage landed with a loud boom of a sound causing Neville to take a startled step back, which ended with him stepping on the foot of the Slytherin boy standing behind him. 

He turned around to apologize but Kefira stopped him by tugging on the sleeve of his robes.

"Nevs, check out their eyes!" 

He looked forward to see that the eyes of the horses were a fiery red, causing him to flinch as one looked in his direction and let out a loud snort.

"I wonder how many students are in that carriage, it's massive!" She said looking up at him, as if he had the answer.

"I don-" Neville didn't have to explain when the carriage door suddenly opened, revealing the largest woman he had ever seen in his entire life.

Dumbledore began a round of applause and while Neville was in too much of shock to start clapping right away, Kefira was clapping her hands loudly beside him. 

"Well, she may not be a great candidate for hide and seek, but if I'm ever playing a game of basketball, she's on my team." Kefira whispered to him. 

"I think she would just be her own team." Neville whispered in return, causing her to giggle. 

As Dumbledore greeted the woman who was introduced as Madame Maxime, the students of Hogwarts turned their attention to the students of Beauxbatons that stepped out of the carriage. 

Wearing what appeared to be robes made of silk, the students the majority ranging in the late teens, filed out and began shivering. 

" I wonder where the other school is?" Kefira asked looking around as the Beauxbatons students hurried on to enter the castle to get warm. 

"The Lake!" A voice cried out dragging her attention back. She saw Lee Jordan pointing his finger in the direction of the water. "Look at the lake!"

She squinted her eyes as she saw something rising out of the water.

"What is that?" She asked under her breath. 

'I think it's a...ship?" Neville saw the rigging of the boat appear before looking down at her. Kefira's eyes were wide and her lips were parted as she gave a shake of her head in bewilderment.

With the moonlight reflecting off the water and glowing about, the ship looked massive and incredible from a distance. The students on shore, remained silent waiting and watching.  The ship glided towards them and finally when they dropped anchor they placed a plank to the land.

Students filed out, appearing bulky with their robes made of fur, giving them the appearance of bears. 

"Wow..they're a lot different from Beauxbatons aren't they?" Kefira said with an admirable look in her eyes and admiration in her tone. "I love their robes! We should get robes like that for winter! Or...just for the fun of it, you know?"

Shouts and whispered erupted when it came to one student as girls and boys made a fuss over the one called Viktor Krum. Kefira couldn't see a thing over the heads of the taller students in front of her. She stood on the tips of her toes, unfamiliar with the famous quidditch player.

"I can't see a thing!" She grumbled. Looking over, she noted that Dean was the tallest of the group, before making her way over and jumping on his back to get a better look.

"Kefi!" He laughed as he nearly fell over from the girl climbing on him. 

"Well, I'm sorry, but I can't see!"

One of the boys from Durmstrang looked over in their direction, wearing a bizarre look on his face. The two flashed him a smile before they snickered to themselves.

"So, I already brought this up with Neville, but our group should really consider getting some robs like that. We can all match." She told Dean, still holding on and looking around.

"You're mental, Kefi." He said in response.

"You mean to tell me you wouldn't wear it? Oh come on!"

Once the schools were filed into the Great Hall, the students of Hogwarts were allowed in to sit at their respective tables. Beauxbatons sat among the Ravenclaw table while Durmstrang sat with the Slytherins. Kefira was slightly bummed as she wanted to talk to all the foreign students, but she plopped down beside Neville, in between him and Seamus. 

It seems all the students were curious about one another as they all looked around observing. However, as the Headmasters and Headmistress of the schools filed in to take their seats for the Welcoming Feast, the students from Beauxbatons stood at attention until their headmistress was seated.

Kefira was curious about them as well as the Durmstrang students when it came to the other traditions of the school, but she was distracted by Hermione speaking irritably down the way. The Beauxbatons students were still freezing, shivering and wrapping their cloaks around them.

"No one is making you stay!" She snapped as one of the girl's from Beauxbatons gave a laugh once Dumbledore welcomed them and wished them comfort and enjoyment. 

"Maybe some of the Durmstrang students can give their cloaks to the Beauxbaton students, then everyone will be happy." Kefira suggested.

"I don't think the Durmstrang robes are Beauxbatons style, Kefi." Neville said. 

"Oh, well, maybe you should give them one of your jumpers, Neville. They're the warmest things I've ever worn."

Neville blushed but smiled before turning his attention back to Dumbledore welcoming the guests.