Chapter One Hundred Six

"So what do we do when we get to the airport?" Neville asked looking to Kefira as they sat in the Walsh family car.

Kefira turned to him drawing her attention from her book and smiled. "We wait." she answered.

"That's it?"

"Well, you can't just board the plane right away, Neville." she laughed. "You have to put your stuff into baggage claim, then you have to go through security, then you have to wait ages to get on the plane..."

Neville glanced around the other family members that were talking to one another. He didn't understand how muggles could travel in such primitive ways.

"I know, it sounds like a complete hassle compared to what you're used to, but it's all part of the adventure. It's a lot of fun and it's pretty exciting to go through the airport, you see a whole bunch of crazy things."

"Like what?"

"One time, this person was passing through security and he had a whole bunch of birds strapped into the inside of his jacket. Remember that, Dad?" Kefira called to the front.

"I'd like to forget about that!" Cardel said in response." Especially since he had the birds in other places besides his jacket."

Alana hit Cardel's arm with a smirk.

"Poor birds." Cardel shook his head.

"Maybe we'll get to see something like that again!" Kefira said.

"Oh I hope not. I don't want to witness that." Neville said. "I thought it was bad enough to keep Trevor in the pocket of my robes a lot of the time."

"I think Trevor was comfortable in the pocket of your robes," Kefira said, "I never heard him complain."

"Do you think he's alright? This is the first time I've left him on his own....I worry about him."

"I'm sure he's having a grand ol' time." Kefira reassured him." I think he would be happier spending his summer on the Hogwarts grounds than hanging out with your gran or being dragged around with us. He can hang out with all the other toads around the lake, sunbathe..do..other toad things. His summer is going to be absolutely ribbiting!"

Members of the car groaned loudly except for Cardel who laughed loudly along with Neville and Kefira.

"Well," Rosemary began leaning into Lottie with a smile. " Isn't the saying that we marry the men who have the good qualities of our fathers?"

"Awww." Nellie chuckled. "How cute is that!"

"Marry? Pfft. She's only kissed him on the cheek, Rosie." Lottie said with an eye roll.

Suddenly, Kefira turned around in her seat and looked at her older sisters. "That's what you think." she winked at them with a mischievous grin.

The three sister's let their jaws drop as the youngest made a face at them before turning around in her seat.

"It's official." Nellie sighed.

"What is?" Rosemary asked her.

"Our little sister has a better love life than us."

"Oh." Rosemary said.

"Ouch." Lottie replied.

The airport was a completely new experience to  Neville as he followed the Walsh family. Kefira offered her hand to him as it became completely crowded very quickly. He took it without hesitation earning grins from everyone in the family who witnessed it. It was loud and busy in the airport making Neville slightly nervous that with so much going on that he would get lost in all the chaos.

"Relax Neville." Kefira's voice rang in his ears as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "Everything is going to be fine, we're all right here with you."

"Sorry it's just really loud in here."

"I know...it's great."

"It's great?!" Neville repeated with a laugh. "Of course you would say that, Kefi." 

It was a sight to see Neville go through customs and security as he had to pass through the metal detectors and such.

"It's like watching an alien." Nellie said before Kefira cuffed her behind the head. "Ow!"

"Don't say anything bad about him." Kefira warned her.

"Hey! I was only joking."

"He's off limits."

"Okay, okay! I won't make fun of your boyfriend." Nellie teased her.

Kefira narrowed her eyes at her sister, but the three older ones were able to witness Kefira do something she normally never did.

She blushed.

"Shut up, Nellie."

Kefira and Neville had to sit outside the terminal as Alana and Cardel made sure they had the boarding passes all ready and set. Ever since Nellie's comment, Kefira had been quiet around Neville making the boy feel awkward unsure of what he had done.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked her in a quiet voice.

Kefira turned to him with a confused expression. "Mad at you? No, of course not. Why would you say that?"

"Well, you haven't spoken much to me...I just thought perhaps I had done something wrong."

"No, Neville. You didn't do anything at all."

"Then why are you quiet? It's not like you."

"Sorry, it's just...Nellie said something earlier and it's been stuck on my mind."

"What did she say?"

Kefira fell quiet again as she looked down at her feet.

"Kefi?"

"Neville...do you like me?"

"Of course I do-"

"No, I meant as more than a friend?"