Chapter One Hundred Thirty Nine

The castle felt more crowded than usual to Neville and rather than dwelling over who was entering their name into the Goblet, he just wanted to find some peace and quiet. Rather than staying inside, Kefira suggested they go outside, that way she was able to get some energy out. However, instead of climbing trees as she normally did, Kefira offered to sit by the lake and let Neville read. She sat on the edge of the water, splashing the water about with her hands, as Neville attempted to read some of the book that Professor Moody had given him. However, he was continuously distracted by her playing in the water. 

"What are you doing?" he asked scooting closer as he set his book aside. He made his way to sit beside her, to see that Kefira wasn't playing around, she actually had some equipment with her and was gathering what appeared to be ingredients.

"I was talking to Hermione this morning, you know, about hair and how it's a pain. I figured there has to be a draught, potion, a spell or something for hair like ours. You know frizz and stuff, but there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. There was spells to change hair and for hairstyles but that was about it. So, now I'm going to come up with something...hopefully."

"Maybe I can help you?" He asked in a hopeful tone.

"You want to?" She asked.

"Well, yeah if you want me to. I like your hair the way it is, but if it's going to keep bothering you, I'll help. I think I can find some plants in here that might have some properties to help."

Unlike the other students in Hogwarts, worrying about the tournament, the two spent the majority of their Saturday working to make a hair serum that would actually work. Neville enjoyed it especially as he was able to put his extensive Herbology knowledge to use, rather than just boring his friends with weird facts. Although, halfway through their research and work, he found himself growing warm as Kefira was leaning against him, trying to read over his shoulder at one of the plants that had a soothing oil.

Allowing her hair to air dry proved to be a great decision on her behalf , as her curls appeared to be soft and bouncy and weren't as crazed as they were earlier. Her hair smelled nice too, whenever the breeze came off the lake, he was able to get a nice scent of whatever kind of shampoo she used. 

Unfortunately, it began to rain lightly during the afternoon, but rain had never deterred Kefira before. But she knew Neville wasn't as fond of sitting in the rain. She suggested they head back inside and warm up by the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room, which he readily agreed to. 

Sitting in front of the fireplace proved to be a popular idea that afternoon as other students were gathered around. Kefira knew the two of them could easily fit into one of the large armchairs together. Neville sat down before she did and then she proceeded to sit beside him and then place her legs over his. 

"Oh, is there anymore room?" Suddenly, the two found themselves joined by Seamus and Dean attempting to squeeze in on the armchair, making them laugh. Seamus ended up falling off the back while, Dean just sprawled out over the two of them.

"Oh this is so comfortable!" He called out. 

"Dean, get your bony legs off of me!" Kefira laughed trying to push him off. "You're digging into my hip."

"Why didn't anyone tell me there was a comfy pile going on?!" Ginny's voice rang out as she joined sitting on Dean's leg.

"I've lost feeling of my lower half." Neville announced. "I can't feel my toes at all."

"Shh..Nevs," Kefira told them. "That just means they're asleep, you wouldn't want to wake them."

During the evening before the start of the Halloween feast, the goblet was moved to stand in front for all to see. Kefira wasn't all that hungry as the feast the night before had been enough, but she had no problem grabbing as many sweets as possible on the table. She had filled her pockets within the first ten minutes of sitting down. 

"You know what I find odd," Kefira said noting as the Durmstrang students entered.

"What?" Dean turned to her, looking at the handful of sweets in her hand. "How you haven't gotten any cavities over the years?"

She grinned. "No, isn't it weird how Krum is like a prize of Durmstrang? He walks beside the Headmaster at all times and I swear all the others walk behind him like they can't stand as his equal. It's weird."

"Well, he's famous," Seamus said. "They're going to treat him better."

"Well that's a load of rubbish. They act like he's some sort of God..."

"Don't let Ron hear you," Ginny whispered across the way. "Or we'll never hear the end of it."

Everyone in the Great Hall was growing impatient to find out the names of the chosen Champions, and finally when the golden plates were cleared from the table, the time had come. The students turned their heads in the direction of the Goblet as Dumbledore claimed it needed just another minute. He proceeded with explaining that those were chosen would proceed to enter one of the chambers off the Great Hall and await further instruction, before the Goblet began to turn red.

There were several sparks and then suddenly along with flames, a piece of parchment paper flew out.

Dumbledore grabbed it quickly and read it out loud.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum!"

Applause erupted in the Great Hall, and Ron Weasley was cheering louder than the students from Durmstrang.

"No surprises there!" He yelled.

However, it quickly became quiet as the second piece of paper was cast out of the goblet.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour."

Or as Kefira now called her, Tree Doll. The girl made her way up while others from Beauxbatons wept in disappointment.

The final name was to come, the champion for Hogwarts. Kefira's leg was bouncing in anticipation, nearly shaking the bench until Neville rested his hand on her knee to settle her down.

Dumbledore grabbed the piece of paper. " The champion for Hogwarts is Cedric Diggory."

Kefira clapped her hands along for the Hufflepuff boy along with the rest of the school as Dumbledore attempted to say that the three champions were selected and the tournament would set to begin.

However, her gaze along with everyone else's in the hall fell on the goblet as it turned red again.

"What's going on?" Kefira whispered to Neville.

"I don't know." He answered.

Another piece of paper shot out and Dumbledore snatched it up quickly before staring it down. The hall was silent in anticipation as the man looked up and read the name.

"Harry Potter."

To keep herself from blurting out anything stupid, Kefira quickly shoved a handful of sweets into her mouth while Harry made his way to the front.