Piano Plays Cupid ~Jungkook~

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I was happy along with the bright weather outside. A smile was plastered on my face as I finally reached the right floor. I opened the door and ran into the room. There it stood. My lover. I ran over and sat down. I let my hands run over the black and white keys. My lover is a piano. I had been playing ever since I was very small and I've been so into it since then. Learning new songs and playing songs everyday was my joy. My mom even said that if I didn't stop playing every hour she would throw away my piano at home, which she did. That's how I ended up here, playing this one.

I let out a small laugh as I threw my backpack to the ground and started letting the music surround me. I closed my eyes as I got into the music, but to only stop and hear a voice. I turned around not really knowing what the person was saying. "Hello?" I asked. "Is anyone there?" There was no reply which made me pick up my bag and rush out the room. I looked around me only to bump into Jungkook, my crush, in the the long hallway.

I looked down embarrassed as he let out a small laugh. "You know I wonder why we keep getting into this situation. What are you doing here, (A/N)?" I kept looking down and spoke. I didn't want to look at him. Especially when I'm blushing madly.

"I was playing the piano," I said pointing the direction the room was.

"Oh, I see. Well, I'll see you tomorrow," he said with another small laugh. I just nodded as I walked around him. "(A/N)!" I looked back lifting my head. A smile landed on his face. "You're looking at me. Have a good night." I bowed as I felt the heat reach my face. I let out a nervous breath as I kept walking off.

The house was quiet as usual. My mom was probably out with her friends and my dad had too much work to hang out with my mom. They weren't even like a real couple now. They're just people living together with a daughter that doesn't meddle with them.

I lay on my bed with a nice large t-shirt and shorts. I let out a loud breath as I remembered what happened. "You're looking at me." I stuffed my head in my pillow. "Why are you messing with me, Jungkook?" I asked myself.

Jungkook's POV -

The field was packed with people as they all ran around the track. I set my stuff down not even noticing my friend come up to me. "Yah, why are you laughing like an idiot?" Jimin lightly punched me.

"I'm smiling?" I asked even though I knew I was. "I didn't even know."

"Was it (A/N)? What song was she playing tonight?" Jimin asked.

"I didn't get to hear much because I made a noise that made her run out of the room." I let out a nervous laugh. "I didn't mean harm. I did talk to her... well, sort of." Jimin let out a noise and lightly punched my arm.

"You got the one you want," Jimin said. "Everyone knows she likes you, now you just have to tell her in public and all will go well."

"I don't know. What if she's just being flirty and messing with me?" I took out my track shoes and slipped off my Converses. Jimin let out a frustrated sigh as I let out a laugh. "I'm serious."

"She likes you, don't worry. You've been secretly helping her out since middle school and you watch her play piano every night at nine. You even give her lunch money because you know she forgets her money often." I just shrugged. I made my hyung even more frustrated as he untied my shoelace. "What are you waiting for Jungkook? Ask her!"

"Sh! There's too many people around!" I whispered loudly at him. He let out a sly smile as he waited for me to finish tying my shoes.

"Aish! I can't get over my time!" Jimin said. I just laughed as I remembered I got over mine, making a new record. I then turned my head and noticed a familiar figure. I smiled and waved, only to noticed her run away quickly. I let out a smile.

"What a cutie," I whispered to myself.

"What? Who?" Jimin asked. I pushed his face away.

"I'm leaving." I grabbed my things and ran off. I ran quickly to follow her with a smile on my face.

Your POV -

I ran as my heart kept beating from the wave. It couldn't have been for me. He doesn't even like me. I then stopped in my tracks when I noticed some bullies from school. I them hid behind the corner and watched them mess around with each other. The only way to escape them was enter the school. It would be easier for Jungkook to get to me. Well, that was a bit too late, because heavy breaths came from behind me. I turned around and noticed a bent over figure. It was Jungkook. He looked up and that made my face go red. My heart beated faster and when he smiled I felt my heart stop for a bit.

I stared at him as he tried to say something, but I couldn't handle it. I opened the door to the school and ran off. Then I remembered the piano. I felt like playing again. I let out a small smile. I ran to the piano and dropped my things. I sat at the piano and started playing. It was peaceful and calming. It was amazing. My feelings for Jungkook came out from the piano. I let out a smile. I loved this. This feeling. It was amazing.

"So he chased you?" My friend, Minhee asked as she grabbed her books. I nodded.

"I was so nervous when he caught up that I ran off again," I said. I made a fist and then set it where my heart was located. "My heart started beating so fast again, Minhee."

"You should just confess," Minhee said. "It's easier."

"But what if-" I stopped mid sentence when Jungkook walked up to me.

"Why didn't you wait for me yesterday?" He asked. I looked at the ground and didn't say anything. He let out a small laugh. "It's okay. You were probably scared when I ran after you."

"No!" I burst out. I looked up at Jungkook and he let out a small laugh. "I mean, I was just busy after, so I just ran off."

"I'll see you later then." He let out that smile I loved and walked off.

"He doesn't like you huh?" Minhee nudged me. I then pushed her off and let out a small smile.

"He said he'll see me later," I said. I silently cheered to myself.

The rest of the school day was full of waiting. I didn't know why my heart was so excited yet nervous. I let out a smile to myself as the end of school came. I walked home with an excited heart even though I knew Jungkook was in the other direction. Wonho walked up to me. "It's been a while, (y/n)." I took a step back scared. The man just smiled. "You don't miss your favorite bully? I thought you'd miss me just a bit." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. I struggled to pull away from him, but I couldn't. I was definitely scared of him. I then found another hand pull my arm away from Wonho.

I looked up and my cheeks flushed red. I smiled widely as Jungkook pulled me to his side. "Have manners will you?" Jungkook said. Wonho just smirked at Jungkook and then looked at me. I hid behind Jungkook as I kept my eyes peeking at Wonho.

"You're lucky, little brat," Wonho said. He walked away with his friends and didn't turn back like he usually would. I let out a breath as he finally was out of my sight.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Jungkook asked looking around.

"I'm fine," I said. He looked back at me and smiled. My face became red as I noticed he was still holding my hand. Jungkook looked at what I was looking at and then smiled.

"From now on, can I hold your hand?" I stopped and looked at him with a surprised face. "I like you, (y/n), a lot."

"I-I like you too," I whispered. His smile was still on his face but it seemed to be wider. I then looked down at the ground. This couldn't be happening.

"I like your piano playing and I like your smile. You're cute." I still didn't look up because of my red face. My hand was still intertwined with his. "I'll walk you home." I just nodded.

Once we got to my house, I didn't say a thing. My fingers played with each other. I bit my lip as he still stood there. "(y/n)," Jungkook said. I looked up at him.

"Huh-" I was stopped by a small kiss. He let out a smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow, girlfriend." Jungkook winked as he walked off. I stood there awed.

This has been the best day ever.