Chapter 3- Roomies

My eyes flutter open as the vibration from my phone awakes me from my slumber.

I look over at Cade's bed but he's not there, he's probably in the bathroom.

"Hello?" I said answering the phone. "Where are you? I've been calling and knocking at your door for 5mins." Derek says.

"I've been asleep." I said sitting up in my bed. "Well could you open the door?" He asks and I get up to unlock the door still with the phone at my ear.

"Hey." I said into the phone and smiling at Derek. "Hey." He says hanging the phone up and walking towards me.

"Did you forget I wanted to make things up?" He asks pulling me into a hug. "And I said I'll be back later." He says releasing me.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep." I said walking over to my bed. "Where is your roommate?" He says closing the door behind him.

"I don't know. Maybe in the bathroom or not here at all." I said looking at him as he walked over.

"What do you have planned for us to do?" I said while covering a yawn. "Well we would go have dinner, go for a walk in the town and catch a movie. But it's late now so we only have time for the movie." He said looking at me.

"Dang it. I didn't mean to fall asleep. I was suppose to pack out my stuff and I didn't." I said before I dropped back in bed.

"Its alright babe. Do you need help?" He says while walking over to my closet. "Yes!" I sat up shouting.

****

Derek helped me to pack out all my stuff and my side of the room looked good, comfy and girly. I like it.

Derek is so nice and helpful. He just messes up sometimes. But people make mistakes right?

"I'm gonna go so you can get some sleep so you won't be tired in class tomorrow." He says walking towards me and pulling me into a hug.

I lay my head on his chest inhaling his scent. He smells so good damnit. "You smell so good." I said after taking a big whiff. He starts laughing and I realize that was weird.

"Thank you." He says lifting my head up. "Your hair always smells so good. I take whiffs when you fall asleep." He says and we both start laughing.

Wow. We are both weird. Before I know it he starts kissing me. I kiss him back wrapping my arms around him. His hands hug my waist and the kiss starts to deepen.

His hands are rubbing my bum and one of my hand clutches his head pulling it towards me while the other holds the back of his neck.

"How do you expect to kiss me like this and not have me wanting more?" He asks breaking the kiss and we are both breathing heavy.

"I'm sorry, maybe we should stop." I said pulling away from him but he holds on tight and widen green eyes look at me.

I look back at him and I know exactly what he's thinking. He then releases me and I walk over to my bed and I sit down.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that." He says still standing at the same spot. "Derek its fine. Nothing is wrong with what you said. Its just me. I'm still afraid." I said holding my head down and twirling my hair around my finger.

"I understand why you're afraid but that was 4 months ago and we never tried again. It was my fault I rushed into things." He said walking over to me. Once he got to where I was he sat down and placed his hand on my leg.

"I promise you that the next time we attempt to have sex it won't hurt that much." He says trying to look at my face. I look up and turn around to look at him.

"Why don't we try now?" I asked placing my hand over his. "What about your roommate?" He asked looking into my eyes. "What about him? If he walks in it won't matter. I kinda walked in on him and his girlfriend earlier." I said and he starts laughing.

"Its not funny it was so embarrassing." I said turning my head away from him. "Are we doing this or not?" I asks standing up to go in front of him.

He smiles and holds on to my waist and I bring my head down to kiss him. I fist my hands through his hair and his hands slide down my body and move under my dress. The way he's gently rubbing his hands over my skin gives me chills.

The door fly opens and I hear a girl laughing, my head swings around and Derek and I both look at Cade and his girlfriend.

They both stand looking at us and Cade laughs. "Well I'll be damned. Call us karma." Cade says folding his arms and leaning on the door jam.

"So you were serious about your roommate being a girl." The girl says and I realize that Dereks hand are still under my dress.

I pull his hands from under my dress and I turn around to face them and Derek begins standing. The both of us just stood there not saying anything.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I'm Abby." She says walking towards me and extending her hand.

"Toby." I said while holding my hand out to shake hers. Her hand was wet and soft. I hope that it was sweat.

"Nice to meet you Toby and I'm also sorry for walking in on you guys." She says releasing my hand. Derek clears his throat and I know he wants me to introduce him.

"Oh! This is Derek my boyfriend. Derek that's Cade my roommate and I'm guessing this is his girlfriend Abby." I said while looking awkwardly at them.

"Nice to meet you both but I have to go. I guess I'll be seeing you guys around." Derek says while leaning down to give me a kiss on my cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow." He says and leaves.

"Well I guess I'll leave too out of respect for Toby when she's in the room there will be no sex." She says smiling at me then turning to look at Cade.

"She can wait outside or leave with her boyfriend." He says and glares at me.

"No this is her room too. Have some respect at least you weren't here when she was about to." Abby says walking over to him to give him a hug and a kiss before she leaves.

My cheeks flush red at Abby's remark and I look down at the ground. The door slams and I jump at the sound.

Damnit he needs to stop doing that. "What happened to staying out of my way?" He says as he sits in his bed taking off his shoes.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to. Do you want to call her back? I'll just wait outside or whatever." I said looking at him.

"Don't pity me. I'm not in the mood anymore." He says laying in his bed and putting his earphones in his ear. He's gonna hate me.

I sit in my bed looking at the time and its 11:48pm. I have Econ class tomorrow with Megan. We always sit together, I wonder if she'll sit with me and be willing to tell me that secret.