Chapter 21- Secret Relationship

Relationships last longer when nobody knows your business.

   I tell myself that but is it really true? Sometimes its good that people know because if your partner is playing you they can tell you.

But there is also the fact that people will try to tear your relationship down. As I look down at Cade's hand in mine I can't help but think about all the negativity that can come from this relationship.

   His head turns around and he smiles at me and I smile back then he turns his attention back to the road. Look at him, he looks so happy. It feels so good to know that I can let someone be this happy.

   We arrive back at campus and he parks his car, he climbs out of his seat and then he comes to open my door. He holds out his hand for me and I take it and he smiles. He releases my hand once I'm out and he closes the door then opens the back to take out my bear. After he hands the bear to me he takes my hand and we proceed to go to our room. Who knew that Cade was a gentleman and that he could be this mushy? I love it!

"Cade!" Abby's voice is like a stab in the ears and I yank my hand out of Cade's hand. He snaps his head around to look at me with a confused look on his face and I look back at him terrified. No I'm not afraid of Abby but I'm afraid of her knowing about our relationship.

"Where are you two coming from this late at night?" She ask folding her arms as if she's his mother. Please don't say that this was a date. She doesn't need to know that.

  "Amusment park." He answers  and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Isn't the park closed by now?" She speculates and I notice that its 11:15pm. We stopped to get food and then we sat talking for awhile.

  "What do you want Abby?" He asked folding his arms. "I wanted to talk to you. I texted and I called. I'm just now coming from your room. But now I see why you didn't answer or why you weren't in your room."  She says and I try my best to look away from her but I can feel her eyes on me.

  "Well its late now. So could we talk tomorrow?"

  "Promise?" She asked in a soft voice and he sighs. "Okay." He says and starts walking away. I start walking and Abby starts glaring at me.

Is she showing? Kinda looks like she has a little bump... how pregnant is she? The hell.

                                 ****
   I step out of the bathroom after my shower and Cade is sitting shirtless on my bed. "Ready for bed?" He ask as I close the door. "You're not sleeping in your bed?" He looks at me with a sad look on his face.

"I thought I'd sleep here with you. But if you don't feel comfortable then I can sleep in mine." He says then he flashes me a smile but I can see that its forced. He then stands up and walke over to his bed.

  "Cade can we talk about us?" I asked and he haults in his tracks. "Is it bad?"

"No, its not. I just want to talk about how we'll go about our relationship."

  "What do you mean?" He ask turning around.

  "You know there will be people who go against our relationship, so I was thinking that maybe we don't say anything to anyone... not even our friends, we just keep it between us."

  "You mean like a secret?"

  "Yes. Our secret." I said smiling.

  "Is it because of that or are you ashamed of dating me?"

  "What no!" I said walking closer to him. I cup his face in my hands and start looking into his eyes.

  "I am not ashamed of you. I just think it will be better that we keep it between us. You know just until we work everything out." I explained and he placed his hands on my waist and leans his head closer to mine resting his forehead on mine.