Chapter 17- Accept Change & Then Give Up

Change can come in many forms in our lives. It might come forcefully like a tidal wave, or creep along incrementally like a glacier. It might come in the form of devastating tragedy, difficult choices, broken relationships, or even new opportunities. -Anonymous

  Everyone is put on this earth for a purpose whether we know it or not.

  I've never given much thought as to how important I'd be in Cade's life. But here we are laying in his bed. We slept together but we didn't have sex, I kinda wasn't suppose to be sleeping in his bed.

  After we came in last night we started talking. He was in his bed and I was in mine. I ended up moving in closer after he kept throwing things at me. I went over there to bitch slap him but that was impossible because of the size difference.

  I have no idea who fell asleep first but all I know is that I am awake now and Cade is asleep. He was laying on his back with one hand beside him and the other over his stomach.

  I got off his bed to go over to my side of the room and I don't know if I woke him or he was waking up but when I sat on my bed he was sitting up staring at me.

  "Motherfu- Cade, you scared me?"

  "I did?"

  "Yes."

  "How?"

  "Because you were just asleep and I wasn't expecting you to be awake and sitting up like that."

  "Silly girl." He says then gets up to go to the bathroom but he's interrupted by a knock at the door.

  "Its okay I'll get it." I said and he continues into the bathroom.

  "Mr. Banks?" What was Cade's dad doing here? I should have let him get it. Oh God look at him, he's just using his eyes to scrutinize me. This is unfair I'm in my pj's.

  "I remember you from somewhere." He says a few seconds later.

  "From Cade's birthday dinner." I said smiling.

  "Ahh yes. You were the girl beside Tyrone." He says straightening his tie. He was in a dark blue pant suit, white linen shirt and a dark red tie with black shoes. He looked sharp.

  "Why are you in my son's room this early?" He asked raising his eyebrow and placing his hand in his pockets.

   "I'm his roommate Toby." I said then flashed him a smile, he then starts beaming at me.

  "So you're the Toby that has helped my boy. I thought you were a boy."

  "Cade thought I was a boy too when I came here." I said letting out a nervous laugh and he just looks at me with a light smile.

    Awkward...

  "Would you like to come in?"

  "Thank you. Where is Cade?" He says stepping in. "He went to the bathroom."

  His dad then walks over to Cade's side of the room and started looking at some of the pictures that were pasted on his wall.

  "How come I  don't see you here?" He asked turning around to look at me.

  "Why would I be up there?"

  "Because all these pictures here are with important people in his life."

  "Oh well. I don't know maybe I'm not at their level of importance."

  "My dear you are well pass their level. If you can do something that these people couldn't then you have passed all levels." He says and I blush at my unknown achievement.