Chapter 29- It Helps To Have Friends

I'm stuck in a room with Cade and Abby is outside interrogating my friend Elizabeth. I hope Liz can destroy her speculations because if she can't our plan is destroyed.

  "Don't you think Toby has been through enough? She's not going to do whatever you're thinking in that messed up head of yours. Now could you please leave I'm waiting to meet someone and I'd rather you not be here." Elizabeth says and I hear silence, shortly after it sounds like footsteps are going away. There is silence for two more minutes and the door opens.

  "Lets go now." Liz says looking at me and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I take my bag from the ground and give Cade a peck on the lips and made my way out of the room.

"That was close." Liz says as we walk quickly away from the area. "Thank you." I said and we turn the corner and Megan and Jessy greet us with a big grin.

"Wow! Who turned on the creepy grin in here?" I tease and they start laughing. "You're welcome." Jessy and Meg say at once and I look at them confused.

"For?"

  "Being look out." Jessy says and I look at her still confused. "I was the one that texted Liz to tell her that Abby just passed us and it was safe to come out." Meg explains and I grab her and Jessy into a hug. "Thanks guys." While I'm hugging them I spot Abby walk out of a room.

She looks at me and I release my friends to turn away from her view. Elizabeth is nowhere to be seen and one of Cade's friends comes to talk to her and she's no longer looking. There is a slap on my ass and I jump at the feel, Cade walks pass me holding his head straight and I know he's the culprit. He gives a small smile over his shoulder and I bite my lip.

Something about sneaking around just feels so good to me. The joy I feel is soon replaced by anger as he walks up to Abby and throw his hand over her shoulder, she kisses his cheek and I can feel my fingernails in my palm from the fist I was making. I watch them as they walk out of sight then Liz says, "is she gone?"

"Yes you can come out now." Meg says and Jessy chuckles. "Phew I never dipped out of anywhere that fast. I was sure she saw me." Liz says and I turn to look at her. Its a good thing she didn't or Abby would know she lied.

"Wow what's wrong with you?" She ask looking at me.

"She just witnessed her boyfriend hugging Abby and she kissed him on the cheek." Jessy explains and I lean against the wall putting my head back and sigh.

"Don't worry Toby. You know where his heart is." Megan says and I look at her shocked. Did she really just say that? Megan of all people.

"Well if that's coming from you I feel a lot better hearing that." I said and we all chuckle.

"Whatever, let's go." Meg says and we all leave for our other classes. I love my friends so much. Look what they did for me today? I don't know what I'd do without them.

                             ****
  After the day eneded and we went back to our rooms I didn't get any time with Cade because Abby was over here. She was rubbing the entire situation in my face I could tell.

  She tried to be friendly with me but I ignored her. I have no idea why she's trying to act like this was okay.

  "Toby what do you think?" Megan ask me and I feel confused as to what she was asking what I thought about.

  "What do I think about what?"

  "If we should have lunch here or go into the town."

  "I don't know. Anywhere is fine." I reply my voice low. "Still bummed out about Cade?" Jessy ask and I look at her and sigh then I nod my head.