Chapter 8- Old Wounds & Jealousy

"Mr. Banks, so nice to see you again, its been awhile." The police officer says then smiles.

"What do you want now?" Cade ask folding his arms. "You know exactly why I'm here. Derek Hamilton is pressing charges against you."

"That idiot. He should be the one in trouble now. He has been stalking my roommate, he almost choked her to death and he tried to force his way in here last night. How else was I suppose to stop him from coming in on her?" Cade explains and I hold my head down embarrassed.

"Is this true Miss?" The police officer ask and I hold my head up and our eyes meet.

"Yes, if if it wasn't for Cade I don't know what would have happened... I want a restraining order against him too. See he's my ex and-"

"Okay, you need to come down to the the station to file a report. Cade you've been doing good for the past two months. I'd like to see you continue down that path so I won't have to arrest you again." The police officer says and I look at Cade with widened eyes. He was arrested before?

Cade remains silent and he doesn't say a thing. There is silence for what feels like forever.

"Is there anything else?" I asked looking at the police and the campus security that has been silent the entire time.

"No nothing else just that Mr. Banks here is going to have to pay a fine for what he did to Mr. Hamilton. Here is the ticket, you have three days."

"Okay." Cade retorts and the officer and the security turn to walk away. I walk back over to my bed and Cade closes the door.

He walks over to my bed and I thought he was going to sit but he was only coming to get his phone. "Why were you arrested?" I asked as he walked over to his side of the room.

"Many reasons." He answers bluntly. "Was it more than once that you got arrested?" I asked looking at him.

"Are you a cop now?" He says looking down at his phone screen. "I'm not."

"Then stop frigging interogating me." He snaps and he flashes me a glare that told me that he didn't want to open up old wounds.

****
Its lunch time, my friends and I were sitting outside talking about Ashley and remembering the good times we shared with her. I still wanted to know who had killed her but it seems as if the cops don't care anymore. Maybe they just think she killed herself? But where was the letter? People always write those...

I look across from where we were sitting outside and Cade was walking with Abby by his side. Her arm was through his and two other guys were walking behind them.

Why don't they just date then? I mean if they are going to be fucking and prancing around the damn school like a couple why not just make it official.

I was damn jealous. I wouldn't lie, I wanted Cade, I was starting to like him. Yes he's confusing and moody but I could live with that.

"Lynn!" Megan shouts and I am jolted from my thoughts.

"What?" I said looking over to her. "Stop gawking and listen up. There is a party tonight and we are all going so be ready by 8. Its also on campus." Megan says and I look at her.

"First of all I wasn't gawking and secondly I'm really not in the mood for a party." I said packing up my bagpack.

"Come on Toby. Anyone who is anyone is going to be there. And you know what happens when so many 'anyones' are in such a place, drama happens." Jessy whines and we all start laughing.

"Okay, I won't stay long though because I'm extremely tired. Remember I didn't get enough sleep."

An extremely loud laugh rushes through the air and lands in my ear. I look over at Abby and Cade and they have stopped, they were standing in a circle like, with there friends.