Chapter 25- Apart

Cades POV

  Today has been a long day filled with work. Lectures are a drag, I see why I hardly went to these things. But I need to do right and going to all of them is the right thing to do.

  Toby is sitting on my bed with her legs criss-crossed. She's sitting with her head down and she's looking at her fingers. I'm not even gone yet and she's already hurting. I place my packed bag on the bed and she lifts her head up to look at me and she's smiling. This makes me worried, if she's smiling while hurting just imagine how many times she could be hurting and mask it with a smile.

  "What?" She asks with a confused look on her face bringing me from my thoughts and I smile at her.

  "Why are you looking at me like that?"

  "Looking at you like what?"

  "Nevermind. Are you finished and do you have everything?"

  "Yes I have everything." I said taking a seat on my bed. "But I won't be able to take everything with me." I said placing my hand on her cheek, I start leaning in to kiss her and she holds her head down. Shit.

  "You're making this hard for me Cade." She says then she places her hand over mine and it feels good that she's touching my hand but she removes my hand from her face and there is a sting in my chest.

  "Toby I-"

   "Cade you should go, you don't want to be driving too late. You have a far way to go." She says looking at me and I can hear her trying to mask her teary voice.

  Stop making it hard for her. "You're right. Will you walk with me to my car?"

"Okay." She says then climbs off the bed, I zip the bag shut and take it off the bed. She puts her shoes on and I walk over to open the door. She walks out and I step out closing the door, the silence between us is killing me and I wish it would end.

  As we proceed down the hall she reaches out for my hand, her soft, warm, tiny hand grabs a hold of mine and my heart is at ease. She squeezes my hand and I squeeze hers, we don't say anything but this is all the communication I need, all the reassurance I'll get. Toby is here she is mine and she will be when I return. I love her and she loves me and that's all I need.

  We exit the building and made our way over to the lot where my car was parked. I put my bag in the car and walked over to the drivers side, Toby was standing there and she was looking at the sunset. I walked over to her and placed my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me and she inhaled sharply. She placed her hands on my chest and then she looked into my eyes, her eyes trailed down to my lips and I smiled at her. She flung her arms around my neck and planted her lips on mine, she kissed me like she was holding in the kiss all day.

  When she kissed me my brain lit on fire and the warmth spread throught my entire body, I was addicted to her kisses and I never wanted it to end. I couldn't bare not to be with her and I could barely breath when she was around, her kisses were my salvation and my torment, I lived for them, I lived for her, if I lost her I would lose myself. She was the half that made me whole.

  How was she able to do this to me, make me feel like this? I don't know but I love it. My phone vibrates in my jeans and I can feel her pulling away and I hold on to her tighter because I knew that if we stop I'd have to leave and without her.

  She forces her lips off mine and she doesn't look at me, I keep her in my arms waiting for her to look at me but she doesn't and I know this is getting harder for her so I have to let go.

  I release her and she steps aside, far enough for me to open the door and get in. She still doesn't look at me and I do what she wants. Once I'm in I start the car and begin to reverse, looking up I see her hand at her face and it looks like she's wiping a tear away. I stop the car and look at her through the wind shield and she holds her head up as she notices that I have stopped. I want to open the door to comfort her but she shakes her head no, indicating that I shouldn't, she waves goodbye and its like I can feel her pain but I left.