Chapter 31- Its Too Much.

My heart is engulfed with pain and my brain is like a whirlpool. I can't seem to wrap my head around anything that has been happening.

Everything from Ashley's death up until now spins around in my head and my stomach is now upset. Was this a sign that I should just leave Cade and Abby to find their true happiness?

Sadly, I wasn't feeling like I was suppose to be a part of this equation.

The course of true love never did run smooth- Shakespeare.

This entire situation had that quote resonating in my mind but right now it made my mind obscure.

It has impaired my overall outlook on my entire relationship with Cade. We were just from two different worlds and I fit nowhere in his. I felt like a wedge, like I was creating a gap.

I sit crouched on the floor under the table like a small child downplaying our entire relationship and myself. I was a huge speed bump and Cade had just crashed into me and he's now stuck.

How could I not see this long ago? I shut my eyes tight to lull the tears but it does nothing.

"Toby." Cades raspy voice calls out my name and I tilt my head up to look at him. "What's wr... hiccup... wrong?" He asked before staggering to his feet. Obviously he was still drunk and I'd rather not have a conversation with him while he wasn't sober.

"Nothing." Sniffling I made my way off the floor and headed for the bathroom. As I make my leave he gulps down a tiny bottle of water. Good luck trying to get sober on that.

As expected he didn't excavate his way into making conversation and I was happy he didn't oblige. At this point I just wanted to dry my hair, get dressed and go to bed.

Exiting the bathroom I spot his phone on the floor with an illuminated screen. A message had just come in from Abby and I bite my finger to not take it up and tell her off.

I look over at Cade who's sleeping away in his bed, he wouldn't get the chance to reply to her and she would come straight here because she was 'worried'. Needless to say I didn't want her here at 11:57pm so I just took his phone and responded for him.

Abby: Hey! Where are you? I called like 5 times. Please tell me you're okay.

I cringe at her message then bite my lip. My hate for this girl was so strong and I wanted her to feel how exactly I felt right now about her having twins. Curse you Abbigail.

Cade: Drlnks.. rooom, bed sleepp.

I tried to text like a drunk person but I'd hope she'd understand that I was trying to say he's drunk in his room and he's going to bed to sleep.

  I clutched his phone in my hand and I turn to look at him. My curious mind trails off to what conversations they could possibly be having. Yes curiosity did kill the cat and I was probably that said cat that would die from what I was about to see but I couldn't fight the urge to know.

   Slowly I scrolled through their conversation in hopes of finding things to justify the negativity within but I wound up coming up short when I found nothing. Curiosity did kill the cat but satisfaction brought it back.

  Cade wasn't playing me but my mind was in a baffled state and I was letting it slowly consume me.

  "What are you doing?"

  "Nothing!" I yelled throwing the phone away. I watch Cade nervously as he made his way off the bed and towards his phone in the dimly lit room. Great now he probably won't trust me because I blatantly lied to his face. He was going to see that I was snooping around in his phone.