Chapter 36- Happily Ever After?

What price do you have to pay for your happiness?

Toby's POV

There he was standing at the entrance of this cold, empty and dark room. He had come to my rescue and I was happy. I almost felt like one of those Princesses from those Disney movies. Today I was a damsel in distress and Cade was my knight in shining armor. Why was I still sitting here looking at him?

I got off the ground so fast I didn't even remember I was sitting. I ran towards him and he smiled, leaping into his arms I wrapped my arms and legs around him tightly placing my face at his neck and he wrapped his arms around me.

We gave each other a squeeze, man I missed his hold.

"I'm sorry I said all those things to you. I love you so much Cade and I hope you will forgive me." I said with my head still resting at his neck.

"I know you didn't mean it bombshell. You're already forgiven. I love you so much more." He says and I move my head so I can see into his eyes, I smiled at him and he smiled at me. I did the only thing I could think of and the only thing that I wanted to do, that we wanted to do.

I kissed him. It was magic, the way his lips connected with mine. It was right, and somehow, among all of the craziness I knew we were made for each other. Something inside me changed, never to be reversed. I was completley in love with him I could feel it deep within the pits of my heart, mind, body and soul. I was content to feel his breath come and go with mine.

As we kissed he held me tightly, rubbing his hands up and down my back as if he had never held me in his arms before. "Ahem." King says and we break the kiss with chuckles and giggles.

"Sorry to break this up but I'd rather not be a third wheel in this creepy building. I think we all need to leave."

"I'd be glad to. I've been wanting to leave for awhile now." King laughs nervously as if he was unsure whether he should laugh at what I said or be sad, he walks out and as I shift my gaze to Cade he's already looking at me.

"What?"

"I thought I lost you." He says and a pained look crosses his face. "I told you forever Cade and I meant it."

"I'm happy to be reassured that you do." He says then smiles and I peck his lips. "Are you going to put me down now?"

"Nope." He bluntly responds with much seriousness and I can't help but laugh. He walks out of the room and continues on and I laugh some more when he really doesn't put me down. Crazy boy.

We arrive outside and King is sitting in the drivers seat as he sees us approach he starts the car. Cade sets me down and walks over to  the car confused, I follow behind him.

"What's up man?"

"I took it up on myself to be your driver. I know how much you guys miss each other and you probably want to give all your focus to each other so get in the back." He says then smiles and I beam at him. King is so awesome, its so weird that he was a trouble maker.

Cade opens the door gesturing for me to get in and I do once I'm in I slide over giving him room. He gets in lock the door and throws his arm over me. "Where are we going now?"

"To my house, we can go back to campus tomorrow."

"Okay." I agree and he holds my hand. We talk a little and make out alot until we got to his house.

We all get out and start approaching the doors of the beautiful mansion. The doors swing open and Cade's step mother comes rushing out. Cade's hand clutches mine tightly and I almost want to pull my hand out of his. I look up at him and he looks worried.