Chapter 19- Kisses Can Heal.

"We are so glad you're okay." Elizabeth says wrapping her arms around me. I hug her back and then she pulls away.

"Do you remember what happened?" Megan asks in a sad voice.

"Right up until I blacked out."

"Well Cade was with me. He was the one that took you out of there and drove us here."

"He was at the party?"

"Yeah thankfully." Jessy says looking at me.

"Are you going to be okay?" Megan ask and I look at her.

"Yes I will be." I said smiling at her. I totally lied. I was terrified as hell, what if the guy comes back for me.

"If you need anything don't be afraid to call us. Okay?"

"I will. I'm fine stop stressing. Where is Cade?"

"I'm right here." He answered and everyone turns their attention to the door. He doesn't acknowledge my friends stare as his eyes are fixed on me sitting up on the hospital bed. He walks over to me and there is no expression on his face. I plant a smile on mine and it does nothing to his face.

"How do you feel?" He asks looking at me with his hands by his side. "I feel pretty good." I said smiling at him and reaching out for his hand. He looks down on my hand as it holds on to his then he looks back at me still with no expressions on his face.

"Thank you." I said expressing ny appreciation but he still looks at me and he says nothing.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he looks at me not saying anything. Is he broken? "Toby we will wait outside." Jessy says and the girl exits.

"Cade?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know if you're okay?"

"I don't."

"Why don't you?"

"I almost lost you Toby... I don't know how to feel. When Jessy told me you were barley breathing it felt like I stopped breathing. I.. all I could think about is what if she didn't see when the guy took you. What if he had raped you." He says holding down his head and his hands form into a fist.

"Well I'm here. He didn't rape me. I'm fine Cade. Stop worrying." Deep down I wasn't but I had to put on a brave face. I had to be strong.

He doesn't say anything but he pulls me into a tight hug and I return the hug. "Toby." He breaths and I squeeze him tighter. "Cade."

                             ****
I was able to leave the hospital the next day. I was happy the hospital was no fun. The guy that Cade beat the hell out of decided not to press charges. Phew. No jail time for Cade. He couldn't have anyways or he'd  go away for almost raping and killing me.

At bedtime.

"Stop!"

"Please stop!"

"Stop it, get off me!"

"Get off you're hurting me."

"Toby! Toby wake up!" Cade's voice graces my ears and my eyes fly open and they are filled with tears.

"It was just a dream. You're okay now." He says and I throw myself into his arms and begin sobbing. He wraps his arms around me and I continue sobbing into his chest.

"I'm scared Cade. I lied about being okay. I really am not." I said in a teary voice. "I know and I'm here for you. I always will be." He says and I look up at him and he smiles at me.