Chapter 38-Bonus Chapter.

A month before the wedding.

Toby's POV

I'm asleep but I can hear Cade hollering my name. As I slowly open my eyes I can see him waving to me from behind the screen.

"Good morning to the most beautiful fiancé ever." He says and I sit up smiling at him. We haven't gotten married yet because we were trying to get settled in our jobs and I wanted to wait and see if my dad could make it. He became a Brigadier General so he was alot more busy than he was before. So I guess I'm pretty much the reason we aren't married.

I stretch for the laptop that was sitting on the other side of our king sized bed and I put it in my lap. "Good morning to you too handsome." I said and he blushed. Why was I talking to him from behind a screen? Work, that's why. He had alot of traveling to do and he did say when he was proposing that he wanted me to be the last person he talked to at nights, the last face he wants to see before he closed his eyes and the first face he wants to see in the morning.

"Did you sleep well?"

"You can say that. So you'll be back later today right?"

"I'm not sure maybe I'll have to fly to another country or state. Why? Have something planned for me?"

"Actually no. You've been gone for 5 days. I miss you and you were suppose to be back 2 days ago." I said in a sad voice and finished with a sad face.

"Babe come on don't be sad. You know its better for me to do all of this now so that when we can finally get married I don't have to be bothered by anyone and we can have a peaceful honeymoon." He says and I sigh. He was right but I really miss him. Its so lonely here in this big whole house and after a long tiresome shift I'd really love to come home and see him here.

"Fine. I should get ready for my shift. We'll talk later okay?"

"Okay. Have a great day, I love you."

"I'll try. I love you more." I blew him a kiss and he smiled. I got up and went straight for the bathroom. Time to go help some patients.

As I pull out of the driveway the car phone rings and its Elizabeth. "Hey Liz, good morning."

"Good morning. Are you on your way to work?"

"Yeah just exited my driveway."

"Awesome. Could you pick me up?"

"Uh sure but what happened to your car?"

"Megan happened. Her's wouldn't start this morning and she took mine. I refuse to call an Uber because the last time I did the guy was creepy as hell." She says and I giggle. She and Megan are still very much together, they moved down here because of the job opportunities and to be closer to me of course. Haha.

"I'll be there in six."

"Okay I'll be sitting on the porch like a kid with divorced parents waiting for one parent to pick them up." She cuts the call and I laugh, she can be so funny sometimes.

****

After an extremely long shift I drag myself into the lonely mansion. Opening the door I'm greeted by two suitcases, I gasp up on seeing them. Cade is back!

"Cade! Cade!" I yell as I storm through the house. I run up the stairs and call again but he doesn't answer. He must have went out. I strip down out of my uniform and went straight into the bath to have a nice soak.

As I sit relaxed in the tub I can't help but feel a bit sleepy. It feels so good and warm in here. Its soothing.

"Bombshell, hey bombshell, wake up." Cade calls softly pulling me from my bath nap. "Cade!" I squeal wrapping my wet arms around him. He chuckles and kisses my cheek.