Chapter 20- The Bad Boy Wants A Girlfriend

"Dad I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking for your help." Cade's voice rings in my ear as I crawl out of sleep.

"If its mine of course I will step up." He says and I lay perfectly still.

"What about Toby?" Huh? What's his dad asking about me?

"Toby isn't going anywhere if the baby is mine. I'm not marrying Abby." His last statement cut deep and I hope his dad doesn't push him any further with this.

"I'm not doing it and that's final."

"What? Did you marry my mom?"

"Oh so now I'm out of line?"

"Could you just help me and let me figure this out on my own?!"

"Fine goodbye!" He yells and hangs up the phone and I sit up in my bed. His back is turned to me and he's sitting on his bed.

  He snaps his head around as if he knows I'm looking at him and his eyes pierce into mine. "Did I wake you?" He says in a soft concerned voice.

"No. I just got up." Of course he woke me but I didn't want him to know I heard his conversation.

"Good." He says then he smiles and walks over to my bed. "Do you want to have breakfast with me?"

"I would love to. But I told my friends I'll meet up with them to sort out stuff." I lied. I didn't want to go with him. I was trying to accept the fact that his dad wants him to marry Abby if the baby is his. What if this date we were going on was going to be our first and last? I didn't want to come between him and the mother of his child nor go against his fathers wishes.

"You know you could have just said no." He says through gritted teeth and I remembered that he said "...I know the truth behind your lies." I have to try and let him feel like I didn't openly reject him.

"Why would I say no?"

"Maybe you heard the conversation with me and my dad."

"Why would a conversation between you and your dad determine whether or not I have breakfast with you? That's insane, were you guys bashing my name or something?" I retort trying to sound as clueless as possible.

"I'm sorry for judging you. I guess I'll see you later for our date then."

"Okay." I said with a smile.

"Okay." He says then winks.

                                  ****
"Why is Megan walking like she's asleep?" Elizabeth ask and Jessy and I turn around. After we saw her I giggled and the others join in.

"Are you okay Meg?" I asked teasingly, of course she's not okay.

"Ha ha. Not funny, I didn't sleep last night." She responds in a tired voice.

"But when I left this morning you were asleep." Elizabeth states and Megan plops down in the grass beside me.

"Yes that was this morning. I was out with Dylan the whole night and I got back this morning before you woke up."

"Dylan? He was still in the picture?" I asked surprised and she giggles.

"Yes he very much is." Liz chimes in and we start laughing. I jolt my eyes up and I stop laughing instantly and the girls notice. They look at me with confused looks on their faces and I know mine is pale because as soon as my eyes landed on him all the memories flash back.

"Toby? What's wrong?" Jessy ask and my eyes continue to follow him.

"Its him." I said and they looked around.