Chapter 7- Misunderstandings

"Some friend you are you little bitch!" I shouted and walked up to her.

"Toby calm down." Cade says.

"Why did you lie to me Megan? I thought we were friends! Now this explains your attitude whenever Derek is around."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! Its funny how Derek just told me he got someone pregnant and they were here to get rid of it and now here you are!"

She starts laughing and I look at her in confusion. "You better stop laughing before I put my elbow in your throat." I said walking up to her.

"Oh you're serious. Listen Lynn. You're boyfriend is a jerk I don't know why you're still with him. I would never sleep with him. I am also not pregnant I came here to double check because I didn't think the test was right. I can't believe you'd think that about me. Did you even read the rest of my text? I said that I was coming here to check if I was really pregnant."

Was I really that blinded by Derek's jerky behaviour? I mean people always saw him as a jerk. Why couldn't I until now?

"I'm so sorry. He's not my boyfriend anymore either. I left his sorry ass." I said pulling her into a hug. "I feel like such an idiot."

"Its okay, sometimes we misunderstand things and that's what makes us human." She says rubbing my back and squeezing me.

"Wait why are you here?"

"I took my roommate here." I said turning around to look at Cade. He flashes us one of the hottest smiles ever and I can't help but blush. Those perfect teeth could not belong to a smoker.

"Damn Lynn, you're roommate is hot. How do you survive in there?" She leans in to whisper to me and her eyes are still fixed on him.

"Its easy he's an asshole." I said smirking.

"Well he's a hottie. If you won't use him as your boy toy, pass him on to me will yah." She says then winks at me. We both start laughing and then she says she has to leave.

I walk over to Cade, "looks like we can go now, thats empty. I'll go call the nurse so she can remove it."

****
"Thank you for helping me out today." He says as we both walk back to our room. "You're welcome." I said dryly.

"I really mean it, no one has ever done that for me. Not even Abby and I've known her for years." He says and he looks tense as if its a hard topic for him.

"What's the story with you and Abby? Have you guys ever dated? Or was it always like that?"

"I don't date anymore. I've never had a girlfriend only girls who come close to it. But they fuck shit up." He says scratching his head.

"Abby and I... its complicated, we aren't together we just help each other out... we've known each other for awhile now, she's had a lot of shitty relationships so she was done with them. We both had needs and misery seeks comfort as they say."

"That's true. I'm sorry to hear that." I said opening the door. "Its cool. I wouldn't want a girlfriend anyways."

I guess a relationship with him is out of the question...

Did I just say that out loud? I look over at him and he's going into the bathroom. I breath out a sigh of relief when I realize I didn't.

Wait?! Why do I want a relationship with Cade? And already? Ugh.. I'm such a mess. I drop back in my bed and then I started staring at the ceiling.