Chapter 12 - I Need Time

It isn't mistakes that's critical, its correcting them and getting on with the principal task. - Donald Rumsfeid

   "Get out of my way."  He growls and I step aside. I turned around to watch him as he grabs a bag stuffing clothes in it.

  He's leaving? That's a little dramatic isn't it?

  "Where are you going?"

  "Don't you hate me?"

  "I don't... I didn't mean what I said."

  "Weren't you drinking?" He asks closing the bag and going into the bathroom.

  "Yes I was." I asnwered confused by his question.

  "Liquid courage." He says then storms pass me.

  "Cade wait!"

  "Why?" 

  "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to say I hate you. I was angry and it just came out... I mean I hated you at that moment but not now I don't." I explained and his hand reaches for the door knob.

  "Okay." He says then opens the door.

  "Just okay?!" I yell and he snaps his head around giving me a cold stare.

  "What do you want me to say?"

  "I don't know! Anything but okay." I said then sighed.

  "Cade please lets just talk."

  "I don't want to talk to you."

  "I find that hard to believe." I said cockily sitting on my bed.

  "Why?"

  "Because you told me you wanted to talk to me earlier today." He rolls his eyes then fold his arms. He looks at me as if he was thinking about what he was going to say.

  "Well that was earlier not anymore."

  "Really?" I asked crossing my legs and resting my elbow in my lap then propping my head up to look at him.

  "Yes. I have to go."

  "Why do you keep running away from me?"

  "I made a mistake. I'm trying to to correct it by walking away." He says and his words cut through me.

  "You weren't walking away half an hour ago. In fact you were running behind me."

  "What are you playing at? Are you trying to feel important?"

  "I thought I already was... Based off your actions. So no I'm not trying to feel like what I already am." I said placing both hands on my bed and leaning back still with my legs crossed.

  "Are you going to keep playing games with me Cade?... they aren't fun and its getting ugly."

  "Are you going to keep playing games with me?" He asked looking at me with a raised brow.

  "I'll stop if you stop."

  "Fine." His response is serious and I stand up to walk over to him.

  "Truce?" I asked extending my hand.

  "Truce." He agrees and shakes my hand and then he turns to leave.

  "You're still leaving?"

  "Yes. I need some time away from you." He says and he doesn't look at me. Wow. That went south fast. He stands for awhile as if he was waiting for me to say something... what could I really say? That hurt like hell.