Chapter 16 - Growing Bond

I'm awoken by loud knocks on the door as I turn in my bed Cade leaps out of his and opens the door.

A crying Abby comes in, "what's wrong?" He asks and she flings her arms around him and he eases her off to look at her.

"What's wrong?" Cade ask and I roll my eyes and turn back around in my bed. That girl is so annoying.

"Byron touched me... he put his hand...sobs...he put his hands under my skirt." She says and I wonder what the big deal is. Isn't she use to getting fondled by guys?

"You need to go to campus security and report it." Cade retorts and I can hear his barefeet as he walks across the room.

Haha he doesn't care.

"I don't want to do that. Could you beat him up and teach him a lesson?" She ask and I peek at him sitting on his bed looking at her.

"No." He says then takes out his phone.

"Why not! Do you not care that he will do that to someone else?"

"Cut the crap Abby." He makes a disgusted face and turns away from her.

"You don't care about anyone but your damn self."

"That's not true."

"Oh yeah? You know that I'm on thin ice and if I get into anymore trouble I'd get arrested and serve time. If I kick this guys ass that's trouble. If he was doing that to someone else you wouldn't care you only want me to beat him up because he touched YOU."

"If it was her you'd beat someone up for her!"

"What's this about now?" Cade asks and his voice sounds confused.

"Who have you known the longest Cade?"

"Where is the conversation even going?" Cade asks and I can't help but laugh quietly.

"I don't like your attitude."

"I don't like your clingy behavior and the annoyance you're causing me."

"You're disrespectful. Is this how you'd talk to your mother?" She asked and my eyes widen at her question. No no no, don't talk about his mother.

"Leave my mother out of this."

"She'd be so disappointed to see how you treat a lady."

"Lady my ass." Cade retorts and I cheer inwardly. Cade 10 Abby 0.

"Whatever Cade. Call me when you get tired of her."

She leaves and Cade lets out a heavy sigh. "I feel your pain." I said sitting up in my bed.

"Yeah? Sometimes I wish I could stop myself from doing certain things in life."

"You mean Abby?" I sarcastically asked and we both start laughing.

"Yeah." He snorts.

"Aww. I wish you didn't have to do her either. Its hurtful to see you suffer."

"If anyone else pitys me I'd tell them not to. But you're pity face is cute." He says and we both laugh, his phone rings and our laughing seize.

"Dad, what's up?" He answers and there is a knock on the door. Please don't be Abby again.

"Why aren't you dressed?" Elizabeth ask and I look at her confused.

"We have a presentation in about 5 minutes!"

"Shit! Just let me change my pj's!" I said panicking and rushing into my closet.

"Toby Casey is helping me dad." I hear Cade saying my name to his dad in a soft voice as if he didn't want me to hear.