Chapter 9- Confusion

"Toby get out now!" The voice shouts and it sounded like Ashley. I ran quickly to the door and a dark figure appears before me.

Holy shit! I'm gonna faint! I'm gonna faint! I'm so going to freaking faint! Panic, panic, panic... "Toby, please, get out Toby." That's the last thing I heard before I blacked out. I was staring death in the face. I couldn't bear to watch my death so I blocked the fuck out.

****
"Toby."
"Toby."
"Toby wake up."

My eyes open and the face before me was blurry. I blinked a few times so that my vision can be adjusted.

Once I can see clearly I realize that the face is Cade's. I don't know if I should feel angry or happy right now. "Are you okay?" He asks looking into my eyes.

"My old room is haunted." I said sitting up in the bed. It was then that I noticed my friends were in the room. They all stared at me with stupid looks on their faces.

"What?" I asked confused. "What were you doing in your old room?" Jessy asks as she walks closer to me, Cade gets off the bed to give her space and he walks towards the door.

"I was upset." I said hugging my knees, Cade stops and I know he realized that he was the one that had upset me.

"I went there to clear my head. It was working until I heard a creepy whisper voice calling my name." The door slams shut and I know he left.

"Toby please don't go back to that room. After Ash died we started hearing stories about how haunted that room was." Megan says holding Elizabeth who looked super drunk.

"Cade told us he found you laying on the ground." Jessy says placing her hand on my knee.

"And he brought me here?! What if some deadly sickness caused me to faint?"

"Everyone knows how dramatic you are Lynn." Elizabeth says in a very drunk voice and we all burst out laughing.

"We are glad you are okay so please don't ever go back there." Megan says and I nod my head to indicate to her that I heard what she said.

They get up to leave and I look over at my clock realizing that its 12:53am. "I'm sorry I ruind the party for you guys."

"No sweat Elizabeth needed a reason to call it a night and she wasn't taking any other reason." Jessy said, she then kissed my head and waved goodbye as they left.

****
I step out of the bathroom after I showered and got dressed. Cade is standing at my bedside table looking at the picture of me and Ashley.

"Hey! Do not touch ny stuff! How do you expect me to follow your rules if you break them?" I growl at him and he puts it down and turns around slowly.

"I had no idea that you were the girl that was staying with Ashley." He says and his voice is soft.

"You knew her?" I asked closing the bathroom door.

"Who doesn't know her after what happened?"

I hold my head down because I was starting to feel sad because of how people remembered her. She was far more than the girl who committed suicide.

"I'm sorry that came out wrong." Did he just apologize? My head jolts up and I look at him in shock.

"I don't want your pity." I said walking over to my bed. I thought he would move by the time I got over there but he stood in my way. "Move."

His hands hold mine and it felt like electricity. Wow. I was trying to be pissed at this guy yet when he touched my hand I didn't want to be anymore.