6 - Eden's High Escape (8/7/2018 New Chapter)

Video: Happy Together by Filter

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter six update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

6 - Eden's High Escape

***Declan POV***

Declan managed to catch Eden before she fell backward off the table and onto the hard tile floor below. 

"Shit!" He hissed when he found her unresponsive. He laid her carefully down on her side, afraid she would get sick again and end up choking on her own vomit.

"Eden?" He brushed the drape of hair shielding her face, searching for any sign of life.

He slapped her. Nothing.

He slapped her harder this time. The sound echoed in the small room. This brought about a meek response, but a response nonetheless. 

Eden groaned.

She didn't open her eyes or attempt to speak out against him for striking her. But that was all he needed to hear. 

"You're experiencing a negative reaction to the sedative. I'm going to find Dr. Morrison." He pulled his shirt over his head, utterly disgusted with the hot mess soaking its front and tossed the garment to the side.

He paused at the foot of the table, contemplating strapping her back down, or at least her arms so she couldn't leave the room but decided against wasting time.

Declan hurried from the room in search of the doctor. He would know how to fix this.

***Eden's POV***

When the door clicked shut Eden opened her eyes and blinked. She found herself alone in the room. Declan was gone, and she wasn't tied up.

Freedom was just beyond that door and somewhere down the hallway. All she needed to do was pull herself up and climb off the table.

She was dizzier than all hell, but she was free to move around as she pleased.

With a lot of effort, Eden pulled herself up into a sitting position. The room continued to spin around her, making the objects blur together.

Stand up. Eden ordered herself to get moving, to get off the table to leave the room before Declan came back for her.

She slid from the examination table, and her foot landed right into a puddle of her vomit.

Her foot slipped out from under her, pitching her forward. She crashed against the counter, her forearm taking the brunt of the impact.

The sharp corner of the counter dug into her skin, leaving behind a trail of jagged edges and blood.

"Shit." Eden hisses through clenched teeth. She clamped her free hand over the wound and held it to her chest.

Her head hurt.

Her body hurt.

Everything hurt, and she was terrified of Declan coming back for her, finding her like this. Blood everywhere, smelling of vomit.