10 - An Introduction to Harold Humphrey (7/22/18 Update)

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that edits for Breaking Eden are going well. Readers wanted longer chapters so this chapter went from 1,200-ish words to over 2,100 and is packed full of new content. So give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter eleven update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

10 - An Introduction to Harold Humphrey

***Declan's POV***

                The atmosphere in the ballroom improved the moment Mariama showed up. With her mass of short black curls, smooth brown skin, and dark eyes she demanded the attention of everyone around her and attention was exactly what she got.

                "Declan!" Mariama cried out as the trio grew near. "Where have you been hiding all night?"

                Declan stepped away from Diamond and Eden to embrace the other woman, "You told me you weren't attending." Their hold lingered much longer than a normal friendly hug. "It's been months since I even heard from you."

                "Plans have changed, and now I'm here to make the most of it." Mariama pulled away only to give him a lingering kiss. "How I've missed that mouth of yours. It's been too long, my friend." she kissed him again. "We have a lot of catching up to do.

***Eden's POV***

                Eden glanced over at Diamond, noticed the annoyance at this woman's intrusion clear on her face, and did her best to hide her grin. Diamond had just met her match all right. She leaned into her friend, "Breath."

                Diamond cleared her throat, trying to get Declan's attention but failed. She shifted her weight; irritated that another woman could steal Declan's attention away so fast. Declan was all too willing to leave the two behind, standing awkwardly alone a few yards away from their excited exchange.

                "Ain't this some bullshit." Diamond grumbled under her breath. "Can't even introduce us to this heifer."

                "Will you stop?" Eden teased, shielding her laugh by sipping her freshly fill champagne. "Never thought you would be jealous."

                "Damn right I'm jealous. That's my dick tonight."

                "Wait, what?" Eden did a double take and stopped laughing. She was confused at the sudden change of plan, "What happened to us staying together?"

                "Well, I got to do something when you go to sleep so it might as well be Declan." Diamond shrugged, never taking her eyes from the pair. She crossed her arms across her chest and glared at them in aggravated silence.

                "Let's make a toast." Eden raised her glass towards Diamond.

                "Okay."

                "To forty grand for one night of total bullshit." Eden clinked her glass on Diamond's then promptly drained it. "I don't know about you, but after tonight I plan to forget all about Declan Payne. Except for when I spend his money. Then maybe I'll think of him a little bit."