Werewolves are Cliché Pt. 4

WOLF PACKS

⬆ Maybe the title should be WEREWOLF PACKS because the only similarities werewolf packs have with real wolf packs are the names of the members.

⬆ (Let's get started now)

Now, I may or may not come off as unreasonable here because I'm basically saying that the hierarchy of werewolves should follow real wolves, but if you're basically gonna rip off a real life wolf pack, you might as well be faithful to your inspiration.

The reason I don't like werewolf stories in general is because females are always portrayed as being lesser than males. Now, I'm not an extreme feminist (the ones who basically say men are lesser than women), but I do believe in equality among all genders. 

So, why is it that only males can be Alphas in werewolf books? Sure, I've seen a few werewolf stories trying to break away from the mold by having romance between a female Alpha and male Omega, but they are few and far in between. 

Not to mention that they are still a cliche Alpha and Omega story only with a genderswap (this is like how the usual bad-boy-good-girl stories get a genderswap so it's bad-girl-good-boy).

Let's get down to it then!

1. Alpha

Role: The leader of the pack.

Gender: Male >:(

How Werewolves Get the Title: Passed down from generation to generation. (They're basically a monarchy because, why the heck not? 🙄)

Wolf Colour (From most common to least common):
🔘 Black
🔘 Gray
🔘 Brown/Tan/White (<-- Never these colours because they are reserved for underlings and the Luna)

My Verdict: Meh. I don't have much to say about the Alpha because most of my rants have to do with the Luna. Only that it's kind of dumb that the Alpha is a black wolf. If you know how real wolf packs work, you'd know that they don't go off by the colour of their fur. I'm sensing some prejudice against colour here in werewolves.  It's like if redheads were more powerful humans just because of the colour of their hair. :/

2. Luna

Role: ...Um. I don't know. To have the Alpha's babies?

Gender: Female

How Werewolves Get the Title: They get kidnapped by the Alpha and forced into a marriage because of their mate bond.

Wolf Colour (From most common to least common):
🔘 White
🔘 Gray/Brown/Tan/Black (<-- Almost never these colours. I don't know why.)

My Verdict: F*ck off (I'm sorry children. Pardon my language. I censored it for you.). The Luna of the pack is next to useless in werewolf packs. What does she bring to the pack? If she's the daughter of the Alpha of another pack, she basically unites two powerful packs in being allies (going back in time, I see). Other than that, she's just there.