Cliché Romance Phrases/Scenes I Can't Stand

Okay, so before we start, there are a couple of things I want to say:

Firstly, I HAVE NOT ABANDONED THIS BOOK! YAY! I know I don't update on it as much, but it's mostly because I haven't been very salty quite lately, and I haven't really been on Wattpad as much as I used to be.

Secondly, I know in the previous chapter, I said I was working on a fantasy cliché rant, but yeah. That didn't go anywhere since I didn't really know how to structure it so that it made sense. I'm still thinking of putting it out once I figure out how I'm going to finish it, but don't count on it. I just wanted to do a rant on romance (again) because I've found that there are so many phrases in romance books that annoy the heck out of me. 

Like, I've realised it doesn't happen only in Wattpad, but these things come out in any amateur writing platform filled with cliché and bad romance books. Now, I was just binge reading terrible romance books because it honestly really helps you when you're trying to figure what NOT to do when writing a story, and there's just something fun about reading stories that suck in pacing, plot, writing, grammar, and characters. Call me a masochist, but I just love reading books that make me want to tear my eyes out. 

There's something strangely addicting about them, and a lot of them are fun to hate-read (like one of those terrible movies you watch because they're so bad they're good). And, as you can imagine, there is a lot of gold in these stories, where unfortunate typos completely change the meaning of a sentence or characters talk like they're a robotic narrator. But, as all terrible pieces of media go, there are clichés that can't be avoided, and it's these following phrases that make me abandon a book no matter how terribly fantastic they are.

Thirdly and most importantly:

⚠ THERE WILL BE MATURE CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER (MEANING I WILL TALK ABOUT SEX SCENES AND SMUT IN GENERAL). BE WARNED AND READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!! I RECOMMEND YOU READ IF YOU'RE COMFORTABLE WITH SMUT AND/OR IF YOU'RE 18+ BECAUSE THINGS ARE GOING TO GET STEAMY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!⚠

⬆(Yeesh! You know this is going to be pretty bad)

(Yeesh! You know this is going to be pretty bad)

Let's get started then. They are listed in no particular order.

 They are listed in no particular order