More Wattpad Randomness I Don't Understand

______________

⚠WARNING! This is a VERY VERY long chapter. I really tried to keep it to a word limit, but I gave up midway. It looks like you're gonna get an extra long reading fueled with pent up anger/annoyance. Sorry (or you're welcome, depending on whether you like it or not). :P⚠

______________

Ello!

I am back with more Wattpad randomness I don't understand! Yup. I have somehow found even more weird...stuff around Wattpad that I just can't comprehend. I'll explain within the sections, but these topics leave me so confused. Still, I guess that's the internet for you, spewing out the most random fads out of nowhere. XD

Let us get started!

🔘 Best friend's brother / brother's best friend

I'm surprised I haven't gotten around to talking about this longer. Actually, that goes on for a lot of things in this list, so it's not that much of a surprise.

This used be one of the big trends a few years back, and it might still be, though I can't really be sure. I just never understood the appeal of dating your brother's best friend or your best friend's brothers because it's so awkward either way.

I feel like this is a plot just because of the tension since the love interest is usually taboo and it becomes a sort of forbidden romance. I mean, I can see where it's coming from. It would have been a brilliant idea, but as usual, becoming a cliche ruined it.

That, and it's so freaking repetitive that I don't even have to read a book about it to know how it ends. This is basically the whole substance of the whole book of this kind of plot (I will give each one it's own version since it would be easier):

For the sake of convenience, let us commence the naming ceremony. It should be fairly obvious what the characters will be called. XD

Cast

Tessa ----- Main Character
Tyler -------- Love Interest
Sasha --------- Best Friend
Jake ---------------- Brother

Ver. 1: Best Friend's Brother

1. Tessa has a crush on her best friend's brother. From here, one of three things happen: he thinks of her as a sister, he also has a secret crush on her and there's a lot of sexual tension between them, or they hate each other.

2. Sasha doesn't want her brother and Tessa getting together, but she's completely oblivious of the two's obvious attraction to one another.

3. Tessa and Tyler (Sasha's sister) get together and have a sort of tug-of-war type relationship where they say they want each other but don't want to hurt Sasha so they have to stay away from each other.

4. Either from "coincidences" or because their worries fly out the window, they end up kissing or something and decide to ditch the whole "let's stay out of each other's way" thing.

5. They get caught by Sasha, and she gets upset.

6. Tessa and Tyler break up. This could be because of Sasha or because of some other random reason just to throw in a wrench to keep the plot going.

7. Tyler and Tessa make up. Tessa and Sasha make up. Tyler and Sasha supposedly make up. I say "supposedly" because this is usually just mentioned in dialogue, implied, or completely skipped.

8. Graduation/prom/some celebration type thing where Tyler proposes to Tessa (to be his girlfriend, to wait for him while he's in college, or something along the lines of that) or the two break up because Tyler has to move away.