Promise

HAROMONEY POV

I was pissed. How in the hell can someone leave as fine as can be and an hour later come back with a bullet.

I slammed my room door and sat in a chair. I pulled out my phone to distract me. I heard a knock on the door then Jason poked his head in.

" umm nobody told yo ass to open the door?" At this point all of them could leave.

" I just want to talk to you real quick. No smoke please" he said with his hands up. I gave him a look then he walked in but stood by the door.

" Harmoney I know this is not what your use to but this is us this is koi" he meant every word he said.

" I didn't ask for my house to be where y'all niggas run to when shit hit the fan. That's what hospitals are for" I rolled my eyes.

" look I get that, but if I was you I would be glad he coming here instead of someone else house. He trust you for some reason, I've seen that boy curve hella bad bitches for you. Since y'all been doin what y'all doin he's been calm-" I had to stop him there.

" so getting shot is acting calm, how about I shoot yo ass so y'all both could be calm." I said with a fake smile.

" the old koi would have never came here. He would be out there finding the person that shot him and killing everyone they know. The fact that one of his fist orders was for me to bring him here is a huge step. I'm not saying don't worry about him but as long as he comes home y'all good." With that he left and I did kinda calm down a little bit.

An hour later koi came in shirtless with a thick bandage on his shoulder. I rolled my eyes at the sight of him.

" come on" he walked over to me and put his hand out. I looked at my phone and ignored him.

"Harmoney" he said with some base in his voice. I looked up and his hand was still out for me to take. I stood up but didn't tale his hand. I followed him downstairs to see the doctor and Jason still here.

" tell her" he said to the doctor.

" it was a clean wound the bullet came out nice and the stitches are some of my best work. He'll be fine as long as he don't do to much on that side" she looked at him like she knew he wasn't going to listen.

" thanks doc I'll tell pops you did good" with that she left and he motioned for me to sit around the counter.

" when I left you I went to Jason house to Handel something I don't want you involved in. It was going as planed then I got shot. Now Since I've been here it gives the person that shot me time to think of a plan. Your not in danger or anything but just to be extra safe imma take you to my dads spot. You won't need a bag or nothing because imma be back for you" he was serious and as he talked Jason nodded his head.

" as long as you come back for me" he nodded his head and we all got in His black BMW. Jason sat in the back while we rode to Kings house.

When we got there, there was more guards than usual. We got out but Jason stayed by the car. Koi opened the door and to my surprise his dad was sitting on the steps by the door.

" Harmoney my favorite daughter" he said with a smile. He gave me a hug.

" as always my home is your home, you can watch whatever you want , eat whatever you want, do whatever you want except the office." He patted my back then motioned for koi to follow him. I went to my favorite spot in the house and pulled out my phone. I watched Netflix on my phone and folded up in the chair. 30 minutes went by and koi came over to me.

" you ok baby? You know we got Netflix on the TV right" he took the remote and put on exactly what I was watching. I gave him a look but didn't say anything.

" imma comeback for you when I'm done ok?i promise" He lifted my head up. A tear instantly came running down my cheek and he bent down to wipe it.

" baby girl don't cry imma be good. Trust me I'm more worried about you worrying about me. Here" he took of his name chain I loved and put it on me.

" I'm always with you no matter what. If you need anything, no matter where I'm at you can call me. No matter where I'm at." He gave me a kiss and I gave him a hug.

" just come back to us" I whispered in his ear.

" I love you baby, I'll be back ok" I nodded my head and he walked away. Where I was sitting had a window that let me look over to the driveway. I seen koi get in his car with Jason and drive off.

***

Hours later I was woken up by something moving on the couch. It was koi.

" baby come on" he picked me up and walked somewhere I never been. It was a room with blue walls and nothing but pictures of him in it. There was also basketball jerseys framed on the wall with his last name on it. He put me on the bed then went to what I assumed was a closet.

" here you can sleep in this" he threw a long sleeved Nike shirt on the bed and I got undressed and put it on. I folded my clothes and put it on the dresser.

I seen a picture that I just had to pick up. It was koi but a different koi. It was him without the tattoos. He had waves and he looked innocent.

" see something you like?" He hugged me from behind.
" just wondering what this version of you was like, that's all" he took the picture and put it back on the dresser.

" come on baby let's go to bed" he turned the light off then we laid in bed. He pulled me close to him and I turned to face him.

" koi?" I said as I outlined my name on his chest with my finger.

" yea babygirl" he said in his sleepy voice.

" is it gonna be like this when it's three of us?" I asked not really wanting an answer. I could feel his heart beat spread up a little but it wasn't fast. He took a pause before answering.

" no I don't want our kid to know about this side of me I want them to be normal" he pulled me closer and I just let him sleep.

****

I was sleeping so good until I herd koi's phone vibrating like crazy on his nightstand. Whoever was calling didn't stop so I sat up leaned over and grabbed his phone. An unsaved Number popes up and Me being the person I am I answered it.

" hello" I said with a little attitude.
" Harmoney?" I looked at the phone confused at the voice I heard.

" Jackson? .... why you calling koi for?how you get his number" he hung up.