Go ahead

I shook koi up.

" what baby what? I'm tired" he wined.

" why the hell is jackson blowing up your phone. He looked confused and looked at his phone.

" this jackson number?" He showed me the number.

" it don't look like it but I answered it and he was definitely the one who was calling" now koi was fully awake.

" do jackson know a Lola?" He said with frustration.

" I mean he has a sister named Lola why?" I was tired, confused and tired of being confused.
" fuck" he whispered to his self.

" tell me now" I grabbed his face and turned it towards me.

" Harmoney let me go" the look he gave me let me know he wasn't going to tell me. I let him go then went to put back on my clothes.

" what you doin?" He turned on the light and rubbed his eyes.

" I'm going the fuck home!" I threw his shirt at him and put mine back on.

" Harmoney you can't-" I gave him a look.

" the fuck you mean I can't? Whatever the fuck you did has nothing to do with me! Now please move." I said looking right threw him.

" no and I'm being so serious right now. You can hate me all you want but if that was jackson you can't go to your house. It's not safe anymore" I was confused and just wanted to get away.

" so being with you is safe?! All I did was answer YOUR phone now MY HOME is no longer safe!" I could tell what I said hurt him.

He took a deep breath.

" fine you wanna leave and take yo chances out there than be safe in here go ahead, but if anything happens to my kid we're done forever" I walked to the door and before I opened it I looked at him.

" what I'm not about keep you here I already tried that. It's clear you don't feel safe here so leave" he said shaking his head looking at his phone. A tear fell down my face and I slammed the door and left.

Koi POV

I couldn't even sleep last night knowing Harmoney was out there, where ever she was. All I could do was think. I thought about my future with and without her. I thought about me not living this lifestyle anymore and I thought about what got me into this mess.

The sun was coming up, and my shoulder was killing me. I hated pills so whenever the doc gave me some they went straight in the trash. I got up and headed to the kitchen to get some ice. I put it in a ziplock bag and wrapped the bag in some paper towels on my way back to my room something fought my eye on the couch. As I got closer I seen it was Harmoney and how she never left at all.

I grabbed a blanket and threw it over her. I could see the tear stains on her cheeks and was hurt that I caused that. I wiped her cheek off and kissed it. I knew she didn't mean what she said but it still hurt and I wasn't ready to be all up on her. I went back to my room and grabbed my blanket off my bed. I went back to the living room and laid on the couch across from money. I still didn't go to sleep I just watched her sleep. I thought about where Jackson was and ways to get to him before he got to me.

The sun was fully up and I heard someone walking past the living room.

" why the hell yall out here" my dad said. I heard him open the fridge. I got up and walked to the kitchen.

" pops you ever thought about living a different life?" I sat by the counter as he poured something to drink.

" well yea, you were two and I missed probably six straight months of your life because the streets were too hot." I needed to know more.

" so why didn't you stop?" My dad was the king of the streets my whole life.

" because that was what I knew best to provide for you and ya mom. So instead of stopping I made smarter decisions. Not every body needed to be dead and I didn't need to make a scene every time I felt disrespected. I had to think for three and not just my self." He took a sip of his drink and started to walk out.

" that right there is what you need to think about before shit hits the fan because when it does that's the only thing that's gonna matter." He said looking at Harmoney he smiled then went to his room.

I thought long and hard about what he said. I heard a glass tap the counter and it broke my thoughts.
It was Harmoney getting some water. I heard her sniffling and knew she was still crying.

" Harmoney we need to talk" I said and she just stopped and looked out the window.

" why did you stay last night?" I pulled the stool next to me out so she can sit there. She pulled it further then sat on it.

" I had no where else to go, and no way to get there." She said looking at the cup.

" so do you still wanna leave?" I asked. I really needed a blunt right about now.

" I don't know, I just want one day.. just one day to be regular. No guns, no blood, no kitchen stitches, just normal people things." She shook her head.

" I understand you want to be normal and live a normal life but Harmoney this is my normal. This life isn't something I bought in a store or liked on TV. I was born into this life and one day I'll be living a normal life but until then this is my life, this is what I go through. I love you so much that If you want to go live your normal life without me i will let you but I'm never gonna stop loving you or protecting you. No I'm not perfect, and I'm not saying that I ever will but I will do whatever it takes to keep you and my child" I looked at her and I could tell she was thinking about something.

She got up and walked over to me. She put her hand in her pocket and pulled out my necklace I let her wear yesterday.

" can you put it back on" I seen a tear fall from her face and it made one fall from mine. I took the necklace and put it back on her. I hugged her and she hugged me back.

" I promise I got you" I whispered in her ear.