Chapter 4: A face of many names

I thought I could move on from past life as Lorelie and just live this one, as Nadia. I guess that was just wishful thinking. I carried a face of many names and many stories. I tried to act like I had everything all planned out but the truth was I was just as blind as Berella. We rule side by side as creators, people look up to us and that should be an honest but for us it was a burden.

   From the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of Ash with some girl swirling around everyone. Their bodies were pressed flush together as a familiar song played....

   My vision went hazy, the lights dimmed and everyone disappeared except for Ash and his partner, though she was now hazy looking as well. Ash now looked entirely different wearing a simple brown torn tunic and trousers he rolled up to his calf. What was even more strange was the look of pure joy on his face. He was a different man, this couldnt be the same Ash I knew.

     It took me a second to realize the girl he was kissing, whispering to was.... me.

   Or no... another version of me this was Lorelie. She wore white peonies in her lose dark hair with a couple tiny braids scattered through her long hair. She was breathtaking and she looked to be in love... with Ash of all people?  I was having a past vision triggered by what? A song? I had tried countless times to force visions of my past lives when I first came to dragons mountain and here out of all times, it came. Gregory might have had a point... what if there were others Lorelei fell in love with? That would mean her and Vero were not... perfect.

   I wanted to know what they were saying. I walked closer to the empty dancing floor surrounded by different candles and red roses in full bloom. Lorelei wore a white lace gown that flowed elegantly around her feet, flowers of pink and white used as a strap to the gown. It was gentle looking for such a rich spirit. It was almost too weird reading her aura, too invasive.

   They kept dancing like no one was watching. It was almost a bit awkward to watch how connected they seemed. It definitely was a moment not meant for me to see.

   I was just a few feet away now and the closer I got the more hazy the vision went until the it left me completely and I was standing before Ash and his partner- who didn't look entirely happy with my presence

   "Did you need something?" She sneered. Her voice was too soft for such a masculine face and her spirit was surrounded by glumness.

   I gulped hard trying to find my words but as my eyes meet Ash I could not say a word, just an awkward grunt. I was overwhelmed with what I had just seen, the emotion between the two threw me off completely. "Excuse me Luna, the dance was wonderful but Nadia and I have things to attend to."

   Luna just glared at me as she walked away, "I'm sorry I thought I saw something-"

   "What?" He asked softly steering me out of peoples paths and to an empty gazebo. "No one can hear us, what's on your mind Nadia?"