Chapter 9: My immortal Love

I woke up to so much commotion I didnt know what to think. Apparently Ash's people arrived early. His councils members, Generals, Blade and powerful dragon elders awaited for the King who was no where to be found. I ran into Liviana, Rones mother. "Thank the lords I found you, is Rone with you?"

"No I've been looking for him as well-"

"We found him," Gregory said from behind me walking down the windowless hall, Orion not able to meet my eyes. When did he get here?

"What is it?"

"He spent the night in Nixins chambers. He's claiming he doesn't even remember getting into the palace last night," Gregory said his nose flaring.

"You let your king get belligerent drunk by your side, he is now your problem," I said coldly, "I guess Ill have to guide the festivities tonight."

"That is the kings job," Livina gasped at me.

"Rone had made himself look irresponsible in Lord Ashs eyes last night. The last thing our people needs is to be determined so because of his incompetence." I was fuming, I knew I should have took him to bed but I decided to trust his judgment, I let him have his fun. He isn't a prince anymore when will he realize that? "Hopefully you can get him to look good enough for the dance tonight?" I asked dismissing her and looking to Gregory. Imbalances, all of them. Must us woman always pick up their slack?

"Why are you even helping him?" Gregory rolled his eyes as he walked with me to my room. For some reason Orion and Livina was still following.

"Because he is the king, your king," I reminded him. "Now go all of you." I closed my door behind everyone and I walked behind my folding screen and put on a black lace dress. Today while I was a teacher I had to look the part of the creator. I grabbed some gold jewels and three my hair up into braids around my horns.

I walked off to the gardens where Ash and his people were. They stood around enjoying some whine and food with Rones council and trusted advisors. I talked Ash into inviting his Generals so they could meet the three commanders that lead our Trax Warriors. Decades ago the Trax were protectors of the land and its people, no matter the status they welded they're blades only for evil. Times have changed and the Trax became more ruthless because they had to. Musho was reluctant to agree to meet Ashs Generals but I convinced him, more like begged and bribed the old man.

All Rone had to do was show up and great them at the gates. Now they must think the King to be rude and unwelcoming especially when Ashs people showed Rone nothing but respect, to a King they didn't know or need. "Its nice for you to finally join us, where is the King?"I could tell Ash was annoyed, as some of his council members who watched us talk.

"He's feeling ill," I gulped.

"Ill or hungover?" He eyed me impatiently, without reading him I could tell he was pissed... as he should be. "I couldn't help but notice the King and those loud woman in the halls last night."

"Are you going to tell them?" I challenged raising my chin.

"No," Ash raised a brow. "But do Inform your King that I am a man with a busy schedule. I don't appreciate my time or my people being disrespected."

"He didnt mean to-"

"I know what he didnt mean to do," he rolled his eyes. "But his presence as a King should be undeniable and I do not see a King. For his sake I hope my people dont see right through him as I do."

"What are you talking about?"

"He doesn't appreciate his throne, his blood," he spat. "And here you are covering for him because you love him," he seemed disgusted with me. "You know coddling him won't help him."