Chapter 25: A fools game

Ash and I went to get Musho who was more then willing to help it was also nice working with my mentor, he was proud of us Gregory, Berella and even James. I still think of him at times and I'm sure it was even harder on Musho. He practically raised all of us to the warriors we are today. 

   "What do you know about the light and dark witches?" I asked Ash as we waited for Rone and Nixin at the gates.

   "Why are you asking?"

   "I might need there help."

   "Working with witches is dangerous Nadia," he turned to me to make sure I was listening. "Even the good ones just because they only practice light magic doesn't mean they're above evil. For our sakes lets hope they all died away with the curse."

   "You and I know theres a possibility they live," I said. "Might as well find them before they find us plus before all of this mess we planned on going for a search."

   "Why would I help you when you wont even be honest with me?" Ash looked away from me and forward, "Why is Nixin with the king?"

   "He wasn't coming without her and I was too tired to argue," at least one of us was happy but he didn't look it. Day by day it looked as if he was fading away right in front of me, I knew what Rone looked like in love and he looked anything but in love.

   This will be my first ride with Arisella, I could tell she was ready to soar but I calmed her with my hands, "Soon," I told her. "We ride for now."

   "I found a trail we'll take it till we find anything else as a lead," Musho said. We kept the crew light just Ash, Rone, Nixin, Marcus, Musho and a few of Ash's men and some Trax Musho brought with him that were still in training. 

   "My god is that a Pegasus?" Nixin asked. She looked beautiful as always her blond glossy hair in two braids down her back, wearing an emerald green and white riding dress.

  "Yes," is sat up straighter as Rone mounted his tiny black horse. "She's not friendly," I said as she back up.

   Nixin retracted her hand and went to mount her own horse, Arisella was almost two times the size. "How were you out of all people able to get your hands on such a symbolic creature?"

   "She's the creator of all things," Ash said. "Enough with the questions we've already waisted enough time waiting for you, the two of you will be ridding between everyone." With that said everyone went into step following Musho.

   "He was wounded when he left and he wasn't alone," Musho said looking down at the ground I cold almost smell the blood, my wings shriveling at the rot.

   "How do you know?" Nixin asked her voice was already beginning to annoy me.

   "The tracks in the grass, dried up blood marks on the trees," his voice was rough and ragged like a story tellers voice. "Wherever he is we will find him."

   "How are you so sure?" Marcus asked.

   "These woods are just as dangerous as before," Ash said as we rode beside each other. "There might not be demons anymore but there are trolls, hags, dangerous plants and animals he's bound to run into trouble."

   "And when we find him?" Rone asked.

   "You will kill him," Ash said. "To ensure your people that you can still manage your land you will fix the problem you started."

   "How could you even talk about killing a man cold?" Nixin spat, now it made sense why Rone did what he did. Rone was the type to adapt, when he met me he was a scared little thing he didnt know how to fight or even speak his own mind. I taught him how to fight, how to speak up I wondered what he was learning from Nixin it couldnt be good.