Chapter 15: Other end of the Blade

When I woke the next morning Gregory was still not back, he's never been gone over night. I swallowed hard and tore myself out of bed to get dressed for the day. When Gregory and I first got here we were inseparable, making up all the lost time and I missed that but I guess I should be happy. Him going out meant he was getting to know Dragons Mountain he was finally accepting where we belonged as I was too. The moment we got here we both knew this place would change us and I think thats why we held onto each other so tightly.

Change can be good but most times the whole journey is frighting. We once had our entire lives planned out for us, one of us would take over as a leader to the Trax and we both knew who that would be. It would be him not because he was stronger or cause Musho loved him most but because he cared about the Trax more then anyone else, he was born to teach the blind.

   "Have you seen Gregory around at all last night?" I asked the guards in the halls they shook their heads in unison. "Where is Ash?"

   "He is with the King he arrived early this morning with your letter to discuss Delphia," Blade said coming from behind me. "I guess neither of us are important enough to attend this meeting," he scuffed in annoyance.

   "Over my dead body... come with me," I snapped at Blade as we made our way to Ash's study. I burst in without knocking to find the two playing a game of cards how delightful. "Why wasn't I invited to this meeting?" I bared my teeth. I was already in a crappy mood from another sleepless night With horrible dreams so I was trying to tame the beast that wanted to crawl out from within.

   "The King wanted it to be just us," at least Ash had the guts to look sorry but Rone wouldn't even look up at me which I suppose he had every right not to. "We've decided to ride in tonight before they can do any more damage."

   "And was anyone going to let me know?"

   "Of course," Ash sighed tiredly I could tell he was uncomfortable.

   "Rone can we talk?" I asked tapping my foot against the wooden floor.

   Rone stood up his cold eyes passing mine briefly, "I have to go round up the Trax and bring them here so we could ride to Delphia I dont have time I was just heading out."

   "We need to talk," I rephrased.

   "You didn't want to talk the other night actually if I remember correctly you left without saying goodbye. Seeing your face and hearing your voice brings me nothing but emptiness, I want to see you as less as possible. I'm sorry if that hurts you but I'm sure you understand." He was distant and cold, he had every right to be. I could feel his anger the betrayal he felt and if he would just let me talk to him I could make things right, I could say what I should have from the beginning. He deserved that.

   "He needs time," Ash said coming to my side.

   "How much time? I am his creator we cannot never see each other again not when we're trying to build a world together."

    "You can't blame him I mean- after all you broke his heart."

   "For good reason you even told me too."

   "You never told him what you told me all he feels is concussion and anger... it'll pass all things eventually do. Since you seem to be in high spirits today you can help me gather my generals."

   "I'm a terrible person aren't I." It wasnt really a question I guess I wanted him to tell me how horrible I was, I deserved it.

   "At least you can admit it," Ash chuckled as I followed him out, Blade snickering along with him.