Chapter 27: Under the Bridge

Its been two days since the springs and we've lost then found Charles trail more than I could count. I was starting to lose patience. "Ash and I need to fly he can cover ten times more territory than us."

"How are you going to keep up with him?" Musho asked.

"She rides me," I could see the amusement in Ashs face and the anger that crossed Rones, not the best choice of words.

"Oh good I've been waiting to see a dragon shift," Marcus said rubbing his hands together.

"I'll leave Arisella with you," I handed her to Musho. "If you guys run into danger she'll be able to call for me," I said.

"You really think these fools can keep themselves alive?" Arisella asked though I knew she didnt care. She was the type to take pleasure in other peoples idiocy I didn't judge though because I was the same.

"Be safe," Rone said from beside me. The old me would have lashed out but instead I swallowed my cursing and smiled thankfully.

"Always you as well," I said looking over to Nixin. Did she really love him? I couldn't tell she has blocked me out so well I wondered how long she's trained to do so... If I weren't so new at being creator I'd be able to read her own thoughts, only I wasn't half as strong as I should be. I didnt even know half of the abilities that I posses. Which meant I was in no position for a war and neither was court, Dragons Mountain shouldn't have to fight for us though I know they would. Ash has many good people on his side and that only happens when you have a good leader, for once I had a lot to learn from someone.

I looked back at Ash who walked to a clearing, was it rude to watch him shift? Ive seen him shift one other time but I craved to watch him do it again. His body shifted into scales, claws ripping through his nails and then all at once he shifted entirely no longer in his body. He stood in front of us the force of his wings pushing us backward, "Holy shit," Marcus mumbled.

Even Rone was a bit in shock, a real dragon stood in front of us and he was every bit as dangerously beautiful as you'd think. "Are you going to hop on or keep gawking at me?" Ash spoke into my mind. He laid his wing on the grass for me to get on and I climbed grabbing onto his emerald scales. "You ready?" He asked once I adjusted at his neck, clinging on for my life.

"Yep," I mumbled looking back at the others, "Well be back by nightfall," I said.

"And if you aren't?"

"Then you take the king back to court imidiatly."

"I dont like this plan," Arisella warned grinding her hooves into the ground.

"Are you worried for me?" I smiled.

"Of course I am," she scolded.

"Keep Rone safe," I said at last before Ash took off into the sky, my dark hair whipping behind me from the strong gust of wind.

"He'll be fine," Ash spoke into my mind as he soared through clouds.

"How did you know I was thinking about Rone?"

"Who else would you be thinking about?" He had a point. "We're better off up here I'm almost sure well catch up with Charles now."

"Here's to hoping."

...........................................................................................................................

"Ash," my breath stuck in my throat as I looked bellow us at the speed of green trees and an open field.

"I see them," a few feet away there were actual trolls crowded over a dead body, I could smell it from here. "What do you want me to do?"

"Stay up here," I said, "I will handle the trolls."