Chapter 35: Written in the Stars

I invited Orion and Marcus to tonight's festivities, if I was going to have to suffer through this night it would have to be at least tolerable. Ash would be too busy catering to everyone's needs tonight and Gregory was out finding his mate, I promised I wouldn't judge even though he was blindly excited of the thought. Marcus and I have been getting somewhat close in the past weeks, at first him following me everywhere was annoying till I learned he was just trying to learn as well. 

   "Nadia?" I turned around to a young man smiling up at me, he was quit short but his aura glowed gold a bit too blinding for my liking.

   "What is it?" I asked as Loren jabbed me in the side. "How can I help you?" I gritted my teeth under Ashs command Loren was also to help me with my people skills. If Ash and I were to reclaim Valkri I had to at least be professional but it was hard. I knew because of my age I'd be a target, pegged to be to young and new for this life.

   "I would like to dance the names Chancellor," he said glancing at my charm I could feel his hopes drop a bit as it didn't glow but he barred a dashing smile on his dark face. Gold Hughes seemed to be scatter over his body as I'd he was made of glass, his dark green hazel eyes wide and curious.

   Instead of telling him it wouldn't I took his hand, "You better be a damn good dancer," I smiled thinly.

   He swept me out onto the dance floor our bracelets brushing each other. "Fair warning half of the men here tonight are here to see their bracelet glow," at least he was honest.

   "Well you all are wasting your time."

   He tilted his head to the side as a dark coil fell across his forehead, "That's what I said."

   I raised a brow, "Really?" Chancellor was an open book he didn't even try to block me from entering his mind. I could see why the man was barely a man still untouched by the darkness in the world.

   "It's like thinking a rock would look good next to a diamond," he laughed. "Can't kill curiosity though can you?"

   I shook my head surprised how easy it was to talk to someone, "You really believe in all of this?" Of course I was skeptical if I had this a few months ago I would never have had to deal with all this regret and pain. It's cheating, like skipping all the rough patches and heading for the sunset at the end of a winding road.

   "My parents fell in love on this exact night, four years later they're still together. If your charm glows tonight don't take it lightly, if you fight it the bond will only become stronger. Once you know your person is out there there's no escaping them not even when you close your eyes. I know the fae have never relied on love but lust as you say but how do you think lust forms?" He had a point, for there to be lust there had to be attraction And we all knew where that leads...

   "Forever?" I asked. "Mates really are a forever deal?"

   "If you are true mates then yes." Well then I wouldn't have one, no one lived forever except for...

   "May I cut in?" Yet another gentlemen eying my charm and his anxiously, waiting for a miracle.

   "Of course, I'd love to see you again if you are ever looking for a friend," Chancellor gave me a wink and then handed me over, going into the crowd to most likely find his mate. I wished him luck.

   "I'm Dorian," the pale older man said as his hands tightly pushed me close to him. His moves were dramatic and clumsy as he yanked me around in circles making me dizzy. "I've never seen a woman as beautiful as you, you make feel hot everywhere," he purred into my ear.

   Ugh gross, I tried to shrug out of his grasp but he only tightened his nose burying into my hair and I buckled. "I don't feel too good," I stuttered as his hand inches close to my behind.