Chapter 36: The better half

When I woke the next morning I realized I had fallen asleep in Ash's room by the fire. I slowly tried moving out of his grasp careful not to wake him up but he pulled me in by the waist and sighed into my ear. After a second of waiting for him to fall back asleep I peeled his hands off my waist. Once I got up I replaced my spot with a pillow which he clung to. As he slept he frowned deeply, a part of me wanted to watch him sleep and tap into that mind of his and see what truly scared him but I had to meet up with Gloria this morning. I wasn't exactly sure what last night meant but I wasn't staying to find out. It still felt odd kissing someone else, thinking of someone else my mind felt scrambled.

   Five days till Rones engagement party and I couldn't stop thinking about it as Gloria, Simon and I walked through the empty part of the woods Ash and Blade had taken me to once. The sound of the waterfall rushing in my ears wasnt enough to drown out my own thoughts, I couldn't even pay attention to a word Gloria was saying.

   Her light gold and green wings were slack down her dark skin, the moment Noah and Gloria met it was instant a lot like Rone and I were. They were both too good for this world and I knew Stella would learn so much from them. "Nadia are you even listening to me?" Gloria stopped in the middle of our late night stroll.

   I looked over at her and smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry I have so much on my mind I guess."

   The corner of Glorias lip curved upward, "I know thats why we went on this walk to let out some steam."

   "This is how you let out steam?" I raised a brow.

   She frowned, "Its a healthy way to cope."

   "I like to chop wood or spar with someone not go on a walk," I laughed as we turned to head back. Though it was pretty much safe out here, we didnt want the kids out this late you dont know what they'll see. A couple days here and Simon has seen his fare share of streakers, who actually forgets to put on clothes before they leave their home?

   "Lets talk about Gregory then that always seems to keep your attention."

   "Giving me something else to obsess about is exactly what I need," I said with a defeated laugh. What would I even tell everyone if Ash and I did work out? And if we didn't who wouldn't I tell? Not Gregory....   We spent every morning together which was new I usually did my morning run alone and well Gregory didnt believe in keeping up with his body. Sometimes we wont speak till dinner but well always see each other at dinner at least wether it was at Ashs manor or at home, though I preferred to eat at the manor, they knew how to cook all kinds of foods.

   "Its just that the past couple of days the two of you seem more sweeter on each other, Scarlet is an empath she even says something is going on."

   Damn Scarlet it was like school all over again, gossip queen. I knew she meant well which the the most annoying part since I had the man she wanted. "I guess my recent break up has gotten me a bit softer then normal thats all it really is." Maybe Gregory and I looked at each other too much... for too long but that didnt mean anything was going on between us. Right? Because if that was the case I wondered what Ash would think.

   "So you dont think about kissing him?"

   "I dont think about kissing anyone," which was a half lie. I did think about one person.

   "Well that's going to change almost half the town wants to court you," she said. "I was at the tavern with Noah last night and a couple generals were talking about asking you out for a day. There were some council men there as well speaking highly of you." Ash had five generals and I've met them all only three of them were men and to be fare they were beautiful, everyone in this town was.