𝟎𝟏𝟏. 𝒋𝒐𝒆𝒚 𝒗𝒔. 𝒋𝒐𝒔𝒉𝒚

Chloe's POV

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 shooting in had a piano at this point. I turned up early to set today since I couldn't sleep at all last night. After greeting several crew-members I was wandering until I ended up in this random room full of equipment for future use. I found myself almost hovering towards a piano since that's what always tend to happen in movies in my head: you feel sad and then you sing or play an instrument to express the emotions.

Except, it would be handy if I knew how to play it well. I wasn't some triple-instrument threat like Josh was. I knew the basics after he tried teaching me, like what all the notes were and the basic chords but I had no idea how to compose songs and I barely knew how to play existing songs except maybe three. However, I sat in front of the piano and placed a single finger atop a key, knowing what it was and knowing that it matched the song that was in my head.

As I sung each line, I began it by playing one note that matched the chords of the actual song.

'I don't know what I've done

Or if I like what I've begun

But something told me to run

And honey you know me it's all or none

There were sounds in my head

Little voices whispering

That I should go and this should end

Oh and I found myself listening'

I then heard someone shuffle by the door and saw Olivia stand there, her smile was wide almost with surprise but she didn't walk in. She had a beanie on from the chill of the Salt Lake morning and her backpack.

"Oh my gosh, I had no idea you could sing like that" she complimented and my smile was faint. The fact that this girl had probably one of the best voices in the show and she was saying I was good - it almost felt like she was lying.

I didn't know how to feel however, this was the person I was trying to get away from in the moment. Also no one really heard me sung before, except for Josh. I was always chorusing with the rest of the cast on set but I refused to individualise my voice. I guess that spoke volumes for me.

"Thanks but it's not all that, I-I don't really sing alone, I just wanted to do that HSM thing where people sung about their feelings...it's a lot less interesting but I really like Missy Higgins, even though no one really knows her " I rambled nervously.

"Wait no way, it's Where I Stood, right?" she asked as she stared at the piano and I concurred happily, I was pleasantly surprised that we had a similar taste in music.

It was moments like these that made me mad at myself for being mad at her. She had every right to like whomever she wanted, and she liked Josh at a time where he's single and they were with each other everyday. Why did I feel the need to pit myself against her; sure she wanted what I wanted, but I also needed to get over myself.

She then placed both her hands on the piano and played the extremely familiar chords. She continued the chords and gestured for me to keep singing, to which I awkwardly cleared my throat and took a deep breath. Well she's already heard my voice, fuck it.

'Cos I don't know who I am, who I am without you

All I know is that I should

And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you

All I know is that I should

'Cos She will love you more than I could

She who dares to stand where I stood'