𝟎𝟏𝟖. 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍

Josh's POV

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 we all went down the street to the parking lot nearby to head for Sofia's place. We were all chatting before I saw Chloe run from the back of the crowd to the front, she pulled out her phone and it looked like took a photo of all of us.

She then smiled with glee as she walked back to me whilst she excitedly typed away, and within a few moments I felt a buzz in my pocket and I checked my phone.

@cocachloe just posted on her story

"Woww I'm on your notifications? Well you're gonna love this photo" she said as she glanced over to my phone. I nudged her away and she laughed tauntingly, I felt thankful that the night sky could hide my warm cheeks.

"Chloe Gomez - you covered my face with HEARTS?" I exclaimed and I looked over to her and she was biting her lip and grinning

"Oh my god really? Well that's a bummer" she whinged with an exaggerated frown. I rushed up to her and she squealed before she ran down the stairs and hid behind Matt. Matt laughed with confusion before asking what was going on and I mentioned Chloe's story, most of the gang checked their phones and they laughed at me.

"You guys are insane - anyway we better take off - Saperstein, Jules and Frankie get in" Matt said as he gestured to his car and the group started moving. People started dividing in between cars and of course no one wanted to go in my car, they kept glancing over to Chloe before winking or whispering a joke before heading out.

I then saw Chloe staring at her phone; her expression was suddenly as cold as the Salt Lake night.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked from behind her. She then quickly breathed in and spun around with a smile on.

"Yeah I'm fine, I guess it's just us two then" she said with a smirk. But something about her still seemed off, the whole night she was a lively asshole and I was living for it. She seemed to go back in her shell suddenly.

I walked closer to her, "God you look like you're about to freeze" I then lifted my arms slightly but hesitated, "c-can I?" I asked softly. I knew that we were playing games all night but it seemed she really needed someone now, and I wanted to respect any boundaries. She looked down before meeting my eyes and nodding slowly.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and she let her head rest against my chest. She seemed a bit nervous at first - as was I - but then she sunk into it and held on tightly, like she was holding on to stay afloat. This was the closest we had been in ages. I let my lips lay gently on her hair and felt her breathing go a bit short.

"Are you sure you're okay Chlo, you can talk to me about anything" I said quietly. We then parted from the hug and it was apparent that she was trying to hide something.