𝟎𝟐𝟖. 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

Chloe's POV

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 of the official shoot of Born To Be Brave, the rest of the cast was in hair and makeup but I urged Josh to come see the finished homecoming set with me for a few minutes. I was holding onto his hand and practically dragging him - I was acting as if I was the one who designed the set.

I gestured for him to come in and he laughed lightly before jogging up to me, however his voice halted as soon as he saw the completed set. There were balloons everywhere and I had asked one of the crewmembers to turn on the lights so it had this exquisite romantic atmosphere. I ran to the middle of the stage and he simply gazed around until he slowly caught up to me and let out a breath of content. Granted there were people rushing everywhere to complete the camera set up - but no one even noticed us.

"I can't believe they did such an amazing job" he said with a tone of bewilderment. I grinned at him and agreed as we both took a few more moments to take it in.

"It's crazy isn't it, our school's Homecoming wishes they could do what this place did" I joked and he giggled with me.

"Our night was still just as magical though, this place is bringing back all those memories... even prom" he then said with a small smile and I felt myself starting to blush. Prom was where he told me loved me for the first time. But in this moment I felt too nervous to acknowledge that for some reason, it's not like we had said it again recently.

"I uh - I just can't believe that three guys asked me to homecoming then, like I was genuinely a nobody and then guys I barely knew were just up in my grill" I said jokingly and he looked at me with such affection.

"Yeah well that's what happens when you steal the show at the annual showcase, no one knew who you were until your solo and I remember guys only talking about you as if you were the new girl - and that you were mysterious, guys like that" he said with a wink and I chuckled nervously.

"You were like a little Rubik's cube - what did that guy say in To All The Boys - oh yeah that you were hard to figure but they sure had fun trying" he added and I rolled my eyes whilst slightly punching his arm.

Those two weeks before Homecoming truly were crazy as I never thought of myself as being desirable, it was just me desiring others for so long. They would try and talk to me at lunch and between classes but I was just waiting for it to be over, so I could hang out with Josh. Meanwhile, the girls in my grade and his grade were confused as to why I would get any of this attention - not that I ever told Josh that.

"Which then proceeded you to write the best song of your career may I say - " I began and he gave me a stunned look and I laughed with him "Sunshine in the Winter, to convince me to go with you" I said thoughtfully as I remembered the sweet melody he played for me at my front door.

"Well yeah I obviously had to stand out, I couldn't have you reject a fourth guy but then I nailed it, thank fuck 'cause I was up all night writing it" he said exasperatedly and I giggled before taking both of his hands in mine.

"Well for the record you could've given me nothing and I would've said yes - you had no competition. I was waiting for you to ask the whole time" I said softly and he looked down and smiled.
"I was just too nervous to ask you myself because it was like I was too obsessed with you" I added and he told me to shut up and I then leaned on his chest.

"I sang that song to audition for the show you know," he then said and I looked up to him with wild eyes and he nodded, "it's the song I put the most emotion into and I knew I wanted to give my all for the final round so..." he trailed off and I breathed out happily and let myself rest in his embrace some more.