𝟎𝟏𝟗. 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒌

Chloe's POV

𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 drunk ever, and it seemed the same for Josh. We were legitimate wild cats around the place, we were moving around randomly, swearing and talking absolute shit. Practically cackling whenever Michael Scott spoke on our screen. Otherwise, our conversations which under usual circumstances would be dull, became thrilling as a result of muddled words, loss of filter and a burning desire to be brutally honest. We had just finished discussing our opinions about the colour yellow.

"Okay but you look like you're making out with that strawberry" I said before snorting as I watched him on the other couch, he looked over to me with squinted eyes and then the strawberry.

"Why are you staring at my lips Gomez?" he then asked sultrily and I scoffed before looking away. We were halfway into the movie but once we started sharing a bottle between us, and then another, we lost the plot. Literally and figuratively.

"I'm just saying that strawberry is young and who know if it consents, the legal age in California is 18 sis" I retorted. We weren't even aware of how senseless we sounded, but it was just us and we were free to be as stupid as we wanted.

"Yeah but the legal age is 17 in Utah bro," he began before he exaggerated a wink and I glared at him, "but fuck you're gonna be 18 in like...pfft 9 mininuuutes" he slurred and I almost choked from his pronunciation, but then I groaned dramatically.

"Speaking of, pass me the bottle b" I said as I extended my arm across to the other couch. He pouted over to me and made a few muffled noises and hugged it to his chest.

"I'm not moving coz I will end up eating carpet" he replied and I rolled my eyes. I then walked over and sat right beside him and snatched the bottle. He thumped his head onto my lap as I took the final swig and I looked down to him. I burped in his face which brought all my fizzy feelings to my brain and he roared with laughter before slapping me in the face - well he tried and missed. He weirdly seemed holographic as my vision was compromised, but he still looked adorable.

As we burned through the bottles of rose-coloured wine, it's like we fell for each other in the silence

As we burned through the bottles of rose-coloured wine, it's like we fell for each other in the silence. I felt the earth rocking beneath me; my mind drifting in and out like a tide. Though my vision wavered, there was one thing I was sure of. He was there...he was next to me lying in my couch with the most peaceful, inebriated smile. He was going to be there when the clock struck 12, and I wouldn't want anyone else there.

But I still needed to talk to him about a few things. Maybe my lack of fear due to us being hysterically wasted would make it easier. There is of course a small voice quietly nagging at the back of my mind, reminding me that I wont feel this way tomorrow and that my actions will have repercussions, and perhaps ones of great severity. But apparently when I'm drunk I am well beyond the point of caring. My motto becomes," Live in the moment," opposed to my usual " every action has a reaction."