𝟎𝟏𝟐. 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒕, 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝑭𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑯𝑩𝑨𝑪𝑲: 𝑺𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑶𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑬 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹

Chloe's POV

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 Homeroom of the year, I hadn't been good at making friends since middle school and I wasn't bothered to try now. I was sitting at a desk by myself in the second row, minding my own business till a large stack of books thundered against the teacher's desk. My eyes shot up, as did everyone else's as this unfamiliar face got everyone's attention.

"Everyone! I am Mr. Evans and I will be your homeroom teacher for the year. I don't want any yelling, I need everyone to pay attention during roll call and announcements or I will get mad and you don't want that, trust me" he declared for everyone. We all just sat in silence, observing his unmistakable distaste for even being in this classroom.

The teacher had the look of one who had woken up one spring morning to find that their youth had passed by before they had had any fun. He lazily did roll call before two boys knocked onto the door.

"Okay everyone pay attention for some announcements. Uh Joey go ahead." Mr. Evans said dully, but I wasn't focusing on the cynical teacher anymore.

I felt that cliche moment of my eyes deceiving me. It was the first time I had seen Josh in ages. He walked in with a new haircut however he was wearing the same staple outfit everyone knew him for. He was unbelievably popular at this point: he was on JV, he was outgoing to everyone and half the girls in his grade AND my grade were obsessed with him.

"Ahh thanks Mr

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Ahh thanks Mr. Evans but it's actually Josh, anyway we just wanted to let you guys know about some of the sporting events this semester, the speakers are under maintenance so bear with us" he began and he had already gotten a chuckle from a cluster of Juniors - I imagined myself rolling my eyes. He then looked over to his fellow-announcer Ben Geller and he proceeded reading from his clipboard.

Josh's eyes slowly passed the crowd of students until he saw me in the corner, and a smile of recognition came across his face. It's like I could see the playback of our memories together in his eyes, before we grew apart. He moved onto high school whilst I still had one year left of middle school.

I guess he forgot about me, but I guess I hadn't given myself the chance to forget him.

As soon as he saw me, I panicked and tried to look anywhere else, and my phone was my go-to sanctuary from the real world. I unlocked my phone again and started to browse through my fucking Camera Roll of all things. Middle school to now, I had no idea how to act around him - not that he ever had a clue.

"Hey! Miss Glen Coco!" I heard Mr Evans boom and it made my insides jump. I then registered that I was wearing my favourite Mean Girls t-shirt and I looked up quickly.

𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐒 | 𝒋𝒐𝒔𝒉𝒖𝒂 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें