𝟎𝟐𝟒. 𝒊 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒔

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬

Chloe's POV

"𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒" I said after pushing him away and he pouted. We were both breathing heavily again, it seemed that once he started kissing me he couldn't seem to get his hands off. I wasn't mad at it in the slightest, but I felt like I missed something.

"Oh come on don't you think we have a year's worth of kissing to catch up on" he said with such lust, before trying to bring me back. I giggled before almost giving in - but I knew I had to go into this with a clear mind.

"God yes but...okay I'm sorry what about you and Olivia?" I asked and he breathed heavily before loosening his grip on me. However I could tell he also had some stuff to get off his chest.

"There is no me and Olivia, there was a small thing there but we talked it out and - look when I see Nini I see you, every song I write I'm thinking of you - like fuck there's Common Sense, Easily Replaced, This Song and other ones that I can't name 'cause my brain isn't working" he added and I laughed with him.

"Now do you get it, it's always been you okay - now come here" he whined as he grabbed my hands and tried to pull me forward.

"Okay well not always." I mumbled and he furrowed his brows at me.

"Don't leave poor Heather in the dust, you guys were so public with your hand holding and guitar...playing" I teased and he tilted his head as if he pitied me, as if I still didn't understand.

"She may have been my first 'girlfriend' even though it barely counted - you were, but she wasn't my first crush either, you actual stage 5 dumbass" he said condescendingly and I scoffed.

"That doesn't make any sense though - wait...from spin the bottle you...really?" I asked with a high-pitched tone. Josh couldn't help but laugh at my naivety.

"I told you ages ago that our kiss 'freaked me out' why do you think that is?" he asked and I then crossed my arms in protest and he raised his eyebrow at me.

"Um I don't know maybe because you were 12 and we barely knew how to kiss, maybe because you wished it was with someone else, maybe you didn't want cooties" I argued and he shook his head and placed his hands on his hips.

"God after all this time - no Chlo it was because I didn't know what to do with myself after that, I was getting all these weird feelings for you but then we instead became friends and I didn't know if you liked me...but you never said anything" he admitted and I sighed with realisation.

"But Heather did?" I asked however we both knew the answer. I felt like I wanted to kick my cowardly twelvie self.

"She - I don't know was nice and sweet, she was in the same grade as me and yeah she was like 'I like you' and I was like 'wow that's cool'...and we held hands and wrote songs and, then you kinda moved on from me. So I figured you wanted space, and you know how the rest of the story goes" he said softly. I stood there dumbfounded, as I never thought about it from his side.

"I-I had no idea, so if I had said something you would've..."

"Yes for fuck's sake - look I didn't have the courage back then like I got in high school to practically chase you down to be with me. And now I found out you wrote a letter this whole fucking time -"

"Okay gimme a break I was also 11 and a coward." I argued and then his face turned serious.

"And then you turned 16 and we were together...but you were still a coward, and you left." he said softly and I felt my heart ache, "and now you're back and - I never understood how that girl with so much feeling in that letter could just...leave" he responded gloomily. I exhaled but it was shaky and I blinked slowly.