𝟎𝟑𝟕. 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌

Josh's POV

"𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍!" 𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 Maeve yell from inside the house. I let myself in and glanced into the living room to see her lying down on the couch, she paused her show and turned to me.

"Hey Maeve, whatcha watching?" I asked a b it cautiously as I took a seat beside her. My nerves were at an all time high as I couldn't imagine how much this girl probably despised me, and I wouldn't even blame her. Yet she is the one who wanted to help me with this, so there was also a cautious optimism.

"Ugh, Riverdale. Have you seen it?" she asked glumly and I raised my eyebrows.

"Uhh nope but I've definitely heard a lot about it" I replied. I then saw she had a bowl of popcorn on the table and I helped myself after she gestured for me to have it.

"Don't ever watch it, I swear this show was written by a random word generator" she countered and I couldn't help but laugh at her dry humour.

"Then why do you still watch it?" I asked curiously.

"'Cause, there is no way I can give up watching it after investing years of my life, like right now I have to know if this underage spoilt brat and this redhead brat can sell some maple rum to one-up her mafia-like daddy" she recounted and I shook my head out of utter confusion, but it made her smirk.

"Okay what the actual fuck, you've convinced me I'm not watching it" I replied through laughs and she giggled with me before crossing her legs on the couch.

"But see Chloe told me you haven't even seen the HSM movies, which I guarantee are better than Riverdale - and might I say our show will be too" I added confidently and she rolled her eyes and popped some more popcorn in her mouth.

"Well you make an interesting point there kid" she replied and I squinted my eyes at her.

"Kid? I'm 19. Aren't you like 23?" I asked sceptically and she huffed.

"Yeah, but I'm still born in a different century than you, you're a 2000's baby so I'm allowed to call you kid, unless you wanna stick with Jojo the hoe - "

"Okay, okay you win." I interjected with my hands raised. She smiled victoriously and I laughed with her. She was so different to Chloe, she was way more outspoken and had the overall vibe of not giving a shit what anyone thought of her. But you could tell she had a soft side, where she would protect her loved ones at all costs - like Chloe.

"Although Jojo was actually a nickname of mine when I was younger, like during my theatre days. It was a whole thing coz I was smaller than everyone else and it almost became a thing even in middle school and the last time I was called that was when my old theatre group had a reunion and decided to meet up again every month, which I haven't been able to attend though - but that started like 8 months ago - "

"Just like this story did." Maeve interrupted and I closed my mouth instantly, as I didn't even realise I was giving a pointlessly long anecdote, "what you rambling for there bud?" she then asked and I cleared my throat.

"Sorry, I guess I'm a bit nervous...about what I'm here for. Also you kinda...intimidate me not gonna lie."

"Oh my god really? Thank you that's really sweet" she replied with a grin and I chuckled, "I already like you, but kinda hate you still" she added. I was about to smile widely from getting her blessing but she immediately gestured for me to calm down.

"But yeah I get it, we're very different people. I mean I'm a hot, sarcastic, sexually ambiguous painter," she began and I raised my brows with amusement, "and you're a curly haired white boy that can sing: the teenage girl's sexual awakening in the modern world." she said dramatically and I nodded slowly, taking in her very interesting description of me.