𝟎𝟐𝟏. 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈

Chloe's POV

𝐌𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘 heavy; I mustered up all my energy just to open them successfully. But boy was I glad I did, as right before me I saw Josh in a deep sleep. I then felt his leg hooked around mine and his arm was somehow still on my waist. I didn't move a muscle, I just let myself embrace my stalker ways and watched him lightly snore, his mouth was parted slightly and his curls were a mess.

Holy fuck he was too gorgeous for this world. And this boy fell asleep next to me.

I mentally groaned before I turned myself around to check my phone. It was 11:34am: holy shit we slept in. My movement then garnered a sleepy Joshua to shift and I immediately turned back to him, he lazily rubbed his eyes.

"Hey hey no sleep, sorry I woke you" I whispered, he was still yet to open his eyes.

"Nah it's fine, what time is it?" he asked groggily, with one eye open. His morning voice already made me look over to his lips longingly. I then cleared my throat and told him the time and he shot up alarmingly, His sudden movement made him wince and hold onto his head which unfortunately made me chuckle.

"Jo we have today off remember? That's' why I'm saying sleep - you clearly need some and then a glass of water for that hangover" I added with a small laugh. I weirdly felt normal after all that drinking, but I still had to remember he drank more than me.

"Yeah some water would be great, thank you" he replied softly, I smiled and passed over my water bottle, which he finished in seconds. But he still had the overall characteristic of a sloth, and honestly, same. I could just stay inside all day with this guy, move in constant slow-motion and it would be the best day.

"I guess last night was a little crazy huh? I mean what even happened?" I asked whilst shaking my head. I honestly couldn't remember the small details. It was just a lot of yelling, dancing to theme songs and moscato.

"Well I can tell you what we didn't do" he responded with a sarcastic tone. I looked over to him and his eyes were very telling. Yep, I definitely remembered that detail - how we almost...but it was right not to happen, I kept telling myself.

'Riiight, well like I...feel like I said last night" I said unsurely and Josh cracked a smile, "that it was a good call, we were both wasted and it could've, complicated things maybe" I said whilst picking at my pillow.

"Well like I said - at least I'm pretty sure I did - do you really think that?" he then asked. I was caught off-guard with how forward he was being; maybe he was still tipsy.

"I don't know, maybe - okay well I wouldn't want it to be a mistake - "

"The right mistake" he interrupted, but he was clearly joking as poked his tongue out at the cringe of his words. I laughed and pushed him over slightly. The boy loved his quasi-oxymorons.

"Look I just, if something was to ever happen I would want you to truly know you were doing it, I felt like I was taking advantage...because I still don't know where you stand. We've been so obnoxiously flirty but then, I mean there's that whole you and Olivia thing, you just asking to be friends. I'm kinda losing my mind here dude." I confessed with exasperation. I then saw Josh's face turn guilty, yet hurt and he clicked his tongue.

"I'm sorry I've kinda been all over the place," he began after seconds of silence, "I guess my heart and head have been at war lately, but just on set and here, watching our favourite show - with you...it was just easy" he said solemnly. I felt my heart shiver hearing that Josh still wasn't confident with his feelings, but it made sense to me. He needed time and I wasn't going to judge how long he needed. But if he did all that with me, wouldn't that mean he was confident? Maybe he was too scared to admit it.