𝟎𝟐𝟑. 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝑭𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑯𝑩𝑨𝑪𝑲: 𝑱𝑼𝑵𝑰𝑶𝑹 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹

Josh's POV

𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐈 didn't just ask her. I was at her house literally this morning; she was helping me study for English before we watched Aladdin together - her favourite Disney film. I then had to leave for my stupid shift at the stupid frozen yogurt shop - but I was supposed to finally ask her out before I left.

She looked so cute with her oversized jumper and leggings, her hair in pigtails. But I chickened out and just said I'd see her at school tomorrow. We had been hanging out for a month now and she was constantly on my mind and I was finding any excuse to be around her.

Hence, I was at her front door again. 6 hours later. I was going to ask her out, for real this time.

I had nothing prepared if I was going to be honest, and she had no idea I was coming back either. She told me she was doing nothing for the rest of the day anyway, so I was chewing my gum and shaking my hands to rev myself up - before I finally knocked on the door.

I heard her yell 'Coming' before she opened the door and she had 20 bucks in her hand. Everything about her became paralysed when she saw it was me. My mouth opened slightly as I observed her blue nightdress covered in birds, absolutely no makeup and a cute little white spot on her chin, which I guessed was zit cream. I had never seen her in this light but I immediately felt giddy. I don't think she understood how refreshing it was, and how adorable she looked.

"Joshua! Oh my fucking no - uh...hi" she said in a shaky voice. She hid behind the door and peered out to me. I was still grinning as I watched her fumble her glasses; I had almost forgotten why I came here.

"Hey there, sorry I didn't give you a heads up - but I love your outfit" I said with an even bigger smile. She breathed through her nose out of frustration and I couldn't help but laugh.

"You were - you were just here d-did you forget something or..." she stammered. I scratched the back of my neck and chuckled nervously since I still had no idea what to say.

"No I just wanted to uh, tell you - well ask you something" I said whilst moving my arms too much. It was now my turn to become flustered, however that seemed to ease Chloe's tension as she then stepped into the light and was directly across from me.

"A-Are you expecting food?" I stuttered all of a sudden whilst gesturing to money. Why was I chickening out again?! God just every time I was around her I felt simultaneously at peace but scared shitless. I also barely stuttered so this was new for me.

"Yes fine okay I got dressed into my granny pj's and zit cream so I could eat a whole pizza and binge watch Gossip Girl alright" she said in a frustrated tone. I simply looked at her with a small smirk, her expression turned apologetic and sighed again.

"Sorry I uh just wasn't expecting company, and you are soooo far down the line of people who I'd want to see me like...this" she admitted with a small laugh.

"Are you kidding me you look adorable - okay I said that out loud - you l-look nice, really" I blurted and I felt myself blushing and looking around for someone to save me. She let out a breath of laughter before observing at me for a few moments. Come on Josh, make like Shia LeBeouf and just do it.