𝟎𝟑𝟖. 𝒉𝒔𝒎𝒕𝒎𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒓𝒂𝒑 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚

Chloe's POV

"𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐓 yet?" I heard Maeve yell from across the hall. I frowned to myself in the mirror and tilted around in my white strapless jumpsuit. How the hell was I supposed to know?

"Uhh, well I'm fully dressed and I'm wearing my hair out like you said" I yelled back. A few moments later I sensed Maeve walk up to me in her own red skater dress with chunky boots.

"Can't believe we all have to only wear red and white to this thing, this is some cult shit," she muttered as we both checked ourselves out in the mirror.

"Red is literally your favourite colour plus it makes sense, it's a HSM wrap party - what's got you pissed off already?" I asked with an annoyed tone and she huffed.

"There's no reason really, I was born pissed...and since Jane has been out working overtime lately and you've been filming, I've been having to clean up this place. I hate that you guys see me as family" she added. I looked over to her in the reflection but she smirked to let me know she was kidding.

"Love you too Mae Baby." I retorted and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"But I promised I would steal some food back for her...here wear this red lipstick that's how you can look hot like me" Maeve said cynically and I laughed before taking her lipstick and applying it.

"Well I look fine now, I mean it's not like I'm trying to impress anyone at this party" I said quietly and I immediately heard Maeve tsk out of pity.

"Bitch please, we both know you wanna make Josh feel bad tonight - I just wonder how long that's gonna last" she teased and I scoffed as an argument, but we both knew how predictable I was.

"Whatever, but I don't know it's just so weird now - after talking to Liv I've lost so much of that anger because I know what happened but...there's still a lack of trust so I don't know if we can go back to what we were. Maybe we just stay friends." I rambled whilst fidgeting with my bracelet.

"Yeah that can't happen again, especially since he looks at you and talks about you like you're his whole world" she replied and it took me a few moments to process what she said and I looked at her confusingly. But I couldn't help but feel elated just thinking about how he sees me, especially coming from Maeve as she always hated guys I thought were cute in the past.

"Since when were you so Team Josh? Like how would you know that, you haven't even met the guy" I snapped. I then turned my head and faced her and saw an extremely ambiguous expression.

"I can imagine. Come on it's been like decade long romance give me some credit - anyway we gotta go, and you're driving" she said hurriedly and I whinged before grabbing my jacket and tailing her.

She ran passed the kitchen quickly and when she came out I saw her tucking in several small objects into her handbag, however i thought nothing of it and opened he door for her to exit first. As we got in the car I buckled my seatbelt, before looking over to see Maeve taking out a small vile of whiskey for her Coke bottle.

"Maeve! Are you serious right now?" I asked exasperatedly and she looked at me with a veneer of guilt.

"Come on it's a party on the weekend, besides this 'party' is actually a bunch of theatre dorks and I need to make my own fun - and you can't stop me you need to drive!" she yelled and I huffed angrily before igniting the engine. Tonight was going to be interesting.

________________

Josh's POV

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 her and Chloe were on her way, so I was lingering around the entrance as I was mingling. I checked the door every time I sensed movement and after 20 minutes I finally saw the two girls enter the place. Chloe took a few moments to check how beautiful the decorations were, I took a few moments to check out how gorgeous she was looking tonight.